Mission: To collaboratively create a developmentally appropriate and individualized educational program for each child that encompasses their strengths to support their areas of need, in a play-based and inclusive learning environment.
Vision: We believe that all children have unlimited potential; creative minds; and a playful nature.
Values: Teaching children and families to play, learn, and grow together.
Kids Developmental Services Ltd. is a Calgary-based Not-for-Profit Early Childhood Services (ECS) Operator, funded by Alberta Education. KDS provides early childhood intervention services to preschool-aged children in the community preschools and child care centres they attend in Calgary and surrounding areas since 2018.
The Finance Committee of the Board of Directors is responsible for the overall direction of finances of the Organisation, including overseeing the budget, monthly financial statements, and annual audit.
- Oversee financial systems, including internal controls, cash and payroll management, payroll taxes, GST and risk management and financial reporting
- Review and recommend annual budget to the Board of Directors
- Oversee formulation of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for submission and approval to Alberta Education and report to the Board of Directors with respect thereto
- Review preparation of monthly financial statements and present to Board of Directors
- Oversee annual audit, and any other financial reviews as required by Alberta Education
- Assess existing bank, external auditors, and other financial consultants
- Is a resource for Executive Director and finance and accounting personnel
- Perform any other activities related to this mandate or as required of this position
- CPA designation with at least 10 years volunteer experience
- Understanding of Not-for-Profit sector
- Previous Board experience is essential
- Expertise in Ethics, and/or Human Resources is beneficial
- Technologically adept
- Appointment to the 9-Member Board is a three-year renewable commitment
- The Treasurer shall function as Chair of the Finance Committee
- Staff Support: Executive Director, Board Chair, Director of Finance and Operations
- Meetings: Monthly, but not less than quarterly
- Year-end: August, and Audit completed and finalized by end November
- KDS is a paperless technologically driven organisation