Financial Reporting Analyst
- Kiwetinohk Energy Corp.
- Calgary, AB
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
Kiwetinohk Energy Corp. (“Kiwetinohk”) is an energy transition company focused on production of low carbon energy through the alignment of hydrocarbons and natural gas-fired (with carbon capture) and renewable power generation solutions. Kiwetinohk’s petroleum producing properties include liquids-rich natural gas in the Fox Creek and West Central regions of Alberta and oil in the Thorhild region, near Edmonton. Through integration of gas production, the Corporation seeks to capture a larger portion of the hydrocarbons value chain by securing access to the downstream markets, focusing on power in the near to medium term and monitoring hydrogen for the longer-term, while contributing to a profitable and sustainable energy transition with low greenhouse gas emissions. Kiwetinohk is listed on the TSX under the ticker symbol "KEC".
Kiwetinohk is currently seeking to fill the following position of Financial Reporting Analyst located in Calgary, Alberta. This position is Permanent Full-time.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting, internal controls compliance and regulatory filings. This challenging position will best suit a self-starter that is detail oriented but can step back to see the big picture.
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
- Participate in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated and legal entity financial statements, associated MD&A, Audit Committee materials and security filings
- Prepare financial reporting calculations, GL reconciliations, and journal entries supporting month-end accounting and reporting
- Various ad-hoc requests as required
- Assist with consolidation process
- Research and analyze IFRS accounting issues including new accounting pronouncements as they arise and ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaising with external auditors
- Participate in compliance for Financial Reporting ensuring certain key controls over financial reporting are appropriately documented and supported
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- CPA accounting designation is required with 1 to 3 years post qualification experience
- Relevant upstream oil and gas accounting in IFRS an asset
- Public company audit experience is required
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and flexibility to handle large volumes and adapt to demanding work environment
We thank you for your interest. Only qualified candidates of interest will be contacted