Senior Internal Auditor
- Kootenay Risk Services
- Kootenay Region - Remote Work
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Senior Internal Auditor
Kootenay Risk Services
Location: Kootenay Region – remote work position
About Kootenay Risk Services
In June 2014, four Kootenay region credit unions formed the Kootenay Risk Services ("KRS”) support organization. The founding organizations include Columbia Valley, East Kootenay, Grand Forks and Nelson and District credit unions. The core purpose of KRS is to provide the owner credit unions with risk management and compliance resources.
This is a unique opportunity to be a “one-person” shop responsible for the audit function of the four independent credit unions. Reporting to the KRS Board, you will conduct a variety of internal audits in all business units including deposit, lending, financial planning, and insurance. You will have direct functional relationships with the audit committees of the credit unions and act as advisor to the senior management teams in matters relating to internal audit, payroll, benefits, overall work organization, efficiency and cost containment. You may supply contract internal audit services to other entities, on a relief basis.
This is a permanent, full-time position. You will work primarily from your home office with regular travel to the partner credit unions within the beautiful Kootenay region of B.C.
Who You Are:
You enjoy the benefits of working from home and know how to balance flexibility with getting things done. You bring the skills and experience to be accountable for the performance of the audit function and are also comfortable conducting the audits. You are service oriented and build collaborative relationships with clients and external resources. You are an articulate communicator and can quickly build trust and confidence at the board and committee level. As a self-directed learner you continually seek opportunities to enhance your professional skills and knowledge. You are looking for a unique opportunity to apply your skills and make a meaningful contribution to the growth and prosperity of the Kootenay community credit unions that you serve.
- Completion of a two-year college or post secondary technical school diploma in business administration or operations management
- A recognized accounting (CPA, CMA, CGA) or auditing (CIA) designation
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in an accounting or financial institution, with 3 years’ minimum experience being in an auditing role.
- Experience with audit management software and data analytics is an asset
- Board or committee reporting experience is preferred
- Successful client-focused service delivery experience
- Valid driver's license and vehicle transportation
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Kootenay region of B.C.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a home office
How to Apply
If you are intrigued and would like to explore this unique opportunity further, please submit your resume in confidence by February 7, 2022.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with KRS in the subject line.