Manager, Financial Services
WJS Canada Job Posting: Manager, Financial Services - Edmonton, Alberta - Job ID J0122-0949
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Manager, Financial Services - Edmonton, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: Monday to Friday 8 to 4 or 9 to 5
Compensation: $37 - $40 /Hour
WJS Canada, a national social services agency with offices in BC, Alberta & Ontario, is contracted by the government through over 90 contracts to provide community-based social services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities and at-risk youth. Each day 700 dedicated staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services and WJS Canada revenues exceed $34 million annually.
In Your Role You Will
· Manage and oversee accounting personnel who perform the daily operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting functions.
·Assist/train internal program management in financial reporting and budget preparation including bringing issues to the management group's attention attendance at monthly meetings.
· . Review contractual agreements to ensure the monthly contract revenue agrees with amounts negotiated; liaise with funders regarding accounts payable.
· Review program budgets to ensure they comply with agency policies and procedures.
· Oversee assigned accounting personnel; participating in performance evaluations.
· Coordinate and produce financial, budget and other special reports, proposals and
analyses for management, to include monthly financial statements and/or other funds
· Organize and prepare financial information for year end.
· Participate in occasional auditing projects.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA designation or actively working towards completing the program.
• Minimum 3 years’ full cycle accounting experience
• Previous experience managing accounting staff and delegating tasks effectively
• Skilled using Windows, Sage 300 ERP, Sage Intacct ERP and Microsoft Office 365
• Experience analyzing budgetary expenditures for compliance with approved budgets.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
• Ability to comprehend information and communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including business communications.
• Ability to manage time effectively, work well under pressure and adapt to the changing needs of the organization
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid health & dental benefits after 3 months of employment
• Professional development opportunities and job-related training
• Flexible hours
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To apply online click on the link below: