- Total Energy Services
- Calgary, Alberta
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Tax Analyst
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Tax Analyst – Job Description
Total Energy Services Inc. is a diversified energy services supplier to the Canadian and international marketplace. Through its four distinct business lines and operation centers in North America and Australia, TES Inc. provides equipment and expertise to global energy producers. TES Inc. is looking for dynamic and hard-working specialist to join their corporate Accounting and Finance Group as Tax Analyst.
General Statement of Duties:
- As part of the Accounting and Finance Team, the Tax Analyst shall be responsible for tax compliance, research, documentation, and other related tax matters.
- This position reports to the VP Finance and Chief Financial Officer and other senior corporate management from time to time (project based).
Summary of Duties (Duties include, but are not limited to the following):
- Preparing trust, partnership, and corporate income tax returns and all supporting documentation;
- Reviewing indirect taxation filings prior to filing with taxation authorities;
- Monitoring changes to tax legislations in order to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws;
- Liaising with external tax services providers as part of preparation of tax returns or transaction services.
- Liaising with multiple subsidiaries to collect all necessary information and documentation necessary for preparation of tax returns or other compliance in multiple jurisdictions;
- Liaising with tax authorities and company officials during tax audits;
- Preparing and maintaining transfer pricing analyses to support transactions with international affiliate companies;
- Researching tax issues as they become known;
- Improving processes and developing solutions to support strategic tax planning;
- Assisting with domestic and international tax planning and reports to management;
- Maintaining records and communications files for tax returns, tax audits and correspondence with various regulatory authorities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and tax return preparation software;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve project goals and meet deadlines;
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail;
- Ability to work independently and without supervision;
- Knowledge of Canadian taxation rules/laws is a requirement;
- General understanding, working interpretation and focused research of US and International tax rules/laws as it applies to foreign subsidiaries.
- Is committed to developing leadership competencies:
- Drives Performance – Improves organizational performance beyond work unit;
- Works Across the Organization – Models collaboration across the organization;
- Business Focused – Develops and uses a broad perspective;
- Leads People – Keeps team focused on the bigger picture;
- Embraces Change – Calms others in the midst of change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma;
- Professional Accounting designation;
- In-depth tax course or specialization;
- 2-5 years experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm.