- Employment Network Canada Inc
- Olds, Alberta or Regina, Sask
- Job Industry
- Management of Companies & Enterprises (incl. Consulting)
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Our client, a reputable entrepreneurial Organization with a strong commitment to the environment, is seeking a skilled Financial Controller as a result of company expansion.
As Financial Controller reporting to the President & CEO, you will provide financial leadership for all aspects of accounting, reporting, analysis and strategic recommendations.
What makes this role unique? (Besides working for a great company!)
Our Client’s Head office will be relocating from Regina, Sask to Olds, Alberta within the next 12 – 18 months as a result of customer demand. As the selected candidate you may either:
a) Reside in Olds, Alberta and travel to/from Regina for a 12 – 18 month period.
b) Reside in Regina/Saskatchewan, travel to/from and then relocate to their Olds, Alberta Head Office within a 12 – 18 month period.
Explore this opportunity to work with an organization that rewards performance and innovation, has a fun team environment and offers many learning and growth opportunities! (As well as a great mountain view from their office!)
Reporting to the President & CEO, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of full cycle accounting and financial reporting including A/R, A/P, payroll, operational control reports and monthly/quarterly financial statements for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide analysis and strategic recommendations to leadership as required. Assist in identifying, automating and creating efficiencies.
- Be responsible for all process and procedures around bank reconciliations, invoicing, collections, billing, bill payments, payroll, etc.
- Preparation of the annual forecast and budget.
- Daily cashflow requirements
- Maintain accurate monthly working papers.
- Ensure consistent and efficient application of accounting practices are implemented and in accordance with both Alberta and Saskatchewan jurisdictions.
- Set up and monitor internal controls to maintain accurate financial information.
- Lead the year-end process with external accounting partners.
- Demonstrate exemplary management, team and relationship building skills. Oversee the accounting team and assist other departments.
EDUCATION: CPA designation, supported ideally with a Bachelor's Degree, major in Accounting.
EXPERIENCE: Over 5 years of related management experience, supported by strong leadership skills, business acumen and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Service oriented and proactive leadership style. Strong listening skills, information gathering and exemplary management, team and relationship building skills. Ability to coach and oversee accounting staff.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn/improve financial knowledge and technical skills.
- Motivated, positive attitude, open to learn and work collaboratively with the team. Brings a 'can-do' attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and in writing.
Remuneration includes executive level salary, annual bonus opportunities, generous company benefits and perks, along with a fun, driven team environment!
Please direct your enquiries to David Eisenzimmer, and your confidential resume to: email@example.com