Accountant / Senior Accountant
ATCO is committed to providing and maintaining a safe environment for our employees, contractors, partners, and customers. As part of this unwavering commitment to safety, all ATCO employees and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We never break a promise and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard. We take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standard of integrity and excellence in all that we do. We offer a flexible work environment with in-office and work from home schedules depending on deadlines and deliverables.
If you’re someone who has amazing analytical and communication skills, loves financial planning and has a background in the utilities industry - we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have Accountant / Senior Accountant opportunities available.
This position prepares a variety of financial reports and takes a role in preparation of financial analysis to support management decisions, contribute to financial planning through budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and provides support on regulatory matters. The Corporate Accountant is responsible for a wide range of services including analysis and evaluations requiring knowledge of accounting and economic techniques, methods and processes gained through the completion of a recognized accounting designation and knowledge of regulated utility business.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do:
- Preparation of the annual business plan and supporting models for O&M, capital overhead, income statement and balance sheet.
- Complete detailed monthly expense, capital overhead, and related earnings analysis.
- Prepare monthly management reports, including variance analysis versus business plan and forecast.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly expense and earnings forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly and/or quarterly reports for Senior Leadership Team & Management Committees.
- Collaborate with multiple operational groups (financial and non-financial) to determine forecast and variance explanations versus business plan.
- Support regulatory matters on various utility filings such as General Tariff Application and other rate applications.
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement account review, monitoring, and clean up.
- Ad hoc analysis and report preparation.
- A post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting major is preferred.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a professional accountant with progressive related experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and professional judgement skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in the application of computerized reporting tools (i.e. Oracle, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and establish strong collaborative working relationships with operational groups and other business units.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Understanding of standard costing and other management accounting principles of added benefit.
- Understanding of utility business and regulatory requirements of added benefit.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence.
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Work-life balance
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ATCO Electric is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,000 employees and assets of $23 billion, ATCO is a diversified global holding corporation with investments in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management), Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, transmission and distribution; natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development; energy storage and industrial water solutions; and electricity and natural gas retail sales), Transportation (ports and transportation logistics) and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com. ATCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.