Volunteer Director of Finance/Treasurer
Open Arms Patient Advocacy Society is currently recruiting for a Finance Director to join as co-chair and take over as our current director finishes their term. We are a not for profit Alberta organization who advocates with families and patients to help them obtain information where unanswered questions may remain with respect to their treatment within the health system.
The Finance Director/Treasurer duties include:
• Maintain and prepare all required financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Annual AGLC Reporting on the Use of Proceeds.
• Manage all bank accounts and ensure the transactions are appropriate to the approved expenses.
• Deposit all money; be the primary bank account contact and signing authority.
• Ensure gaming accounts are in accordance with AGLC expectations.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
• Pay all expenses as designed and ensure suppliers are reimbursed in a timely manner.
• Ensure financial statements are audited by a jointly approved and qualified auditor, once per year (according to Open Arms bylaws).
• Prepare and present audited year- end financial reports for Annual General Meeting.
• The Treasurer must be a member of the Executive Committee.
• Collect and deposit all revenues including annual fees.
• Provide the Board with financial management advice for the long and short term feasibility of the organization.
This position provides the flexibility for an individual to work from home during the hours that are convenient and will stay connected as a Board Member through monthly meetings.