- Millennium Insurance Corporation
- 200, 2457 Broadmoor Boulevard, Sherwood Park
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Based in the Sherwood Park location, the Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for supporting the financial reporting process which requires strong analytical skills and development of processes and working papers in order to provide timely and accurate information. Assists in the production of the financial statements complete with full note disclosures.
- Prepare financial reporting including financial statements, and other reports for review by management.
- Involved in year-end completion including auditing responsibilities, forecasting and reporting.
- Compile and analyze data for key performance indicators and risk metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, risk analysis, compliance reports (GST, P&C) and ad hoc reports as required.
- Prepare Financial Discussion and Analysis reporting for presentation to Senior Management and the Board.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and documenting policies and procedures.
- Delegation, mentoring and supervision of accounting staff including coordination of activities, development of competency while ensuring that processes are completed within the required time frame.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualification:
- Newly designated CPA is preferred but nearing completion may be considered.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient working knowledge of databases and excel.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is an asset.
- Fluent in English with ability to speak and write, is an asset.
At Millennium Insurance Corporation, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and socially responsible. We offer developmental opportunities for employees that demonstrate exceptional skill, a positive attitude, proficiency, loyalty and commitment. We have a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability, an RRSP Plan with a matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan, and corporate discounts. We believe in our employees and their contribution to our success so, in addition to vacation, we also provide an Earned-Time-Off program. It is our pleasure to reward our teams with other special events such as a yearly flu shot clinic.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.