Your Journey as a Senior Accountant in Edmonton
At Crowe MacKay, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. We strive to provide a range of financial services to a diverse array of businesses. Our firm has grown to eight offices across northern and western Canada not only because we deliver consistently exceptional service, but because we attract employees at all levels who are passionate about their work and the communities they serve.
Our Edmonton office is currently seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be a career-focused Senior Accountant that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. With over 50 years of expertise, we are recognized as an employer of choice, committed to creating lasting value. Come grow with Crowe!
The Crowe Advantage - benefits working as a Senior Accountant
At Crowe MacKay, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
Our Crowe MacKay Edmonton office offers:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Fridays off from August until Mid-October
- Overtime Pay
- Flexibility Options and Core Office Hours
- Firm Sponsored Professional Development
- Hands on Mentorship
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Professional Development Conferences
- Group Health Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Crowe Wellness Program
- Free On-Site Fitness Facility
- Commuter Discounts
- Employee Volunteer Program
Learn more about what working at Crowe MacKay as a Senior Accountant can do for you.
What you can expect to do as a Senior Accountant?
- Prepare year-end engagements and personal/corporate tax returns
- Plan and execute work related to Assurance and Accounting and income tax engagements
- Prepare financial statements that comply with accounting standards
- Able to build effective working relationships with clients
- Able to effectively respond to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
- Audit financial statements
- Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
- Maintain communication between partners and other team members on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
What will it take to be successful as a Senior Accountant?
- Professional CPA designation preferred, will consider 2021 and 2022 CFE writers
- 2-3 years of public accounting and audit experience
- Prior experience in the industries our firm currently supports considered an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting standards
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Community focused
- A team player who encourages the success of all
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, technical, and communication skills; and
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office considered an asset
About the Edmonton Office
The Crowe MacKay Edmonton office consists of professionals that provide the highest quality of service to their clients and the firm as a whole. They provide client service excellence in a diverse array of industries throughout western Canada including: indigenous groups, not-for-profit, automotive, real estate and construction, owner-managed businesses and many more. The Edmonton office has established itself as a dynamic firm with a commitment to creating an environment for success, both for their teams and their clients.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to email@example.com with Senior Accountant in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is June 3.
Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
More About Crowe MacKay
Crowe MacKay is committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Not only are we involved in charitable organizations as a firm, but we support and encourage our employees to volunteer in their communities as well. We firmly believe that a strong community creates endless opportunities for education, employment, and increased quality of living. Crowe MacKay services clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 140 countries around the world.
More search results
2022/2023 CPA Articling & Co-Op Students
Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP (KRP LLP)
Public Practice Accountant
Algar Petryk, CPAs
CPA Articling Student or Recent CPA Graduate
VKO LLP Chartered Professional Accoutants
Senior Staff Accountant
Quadrant Chartered Professional Accountants