The Shaw Rocket Fund is offering a unique opportunity to contribute to the Canadian children’s media industry by supporting a team that conducts business on a global scale.
Reporting to the President & CEO and Vice President, Partnerships & Finance, the Accountant will be responsible for the Rocket Fund’s overall accounting management, reporting, and controls. The Accountant will be looked upon to plan, coordinate, and manage day-to-day accounting, prepare financial statements and reporting, and manage all related tasks. The Accountant will collaboratively work to engage and assist team members while adding value to help grow the business through the development of strong account policies, procedures and standards as well as financial reporting.
Success in this role requires a high level of accuracy and competency in analyzing financial information while staying on top of ongoing requirements. Individuals motivated by the chance to contribute to the overall success of the Rocket Fund, and who thrive on the challenges and opportunities that come with a small and dynamic organization, will want to pursue this opportunity.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Able to perform multiple tasks with the ability to shift priorities on short notice.
- Excellent time management skills are required as workload will fluctuate based on ongoing requirements.
- Comfortable with extensive verbal, written and in-person communication and interaction with people of all levels including the Board of Directors.
- Capable and comfortable with creating financial reporting including managing a database.
- Is an independent and creative thinker.
- Is attentive to details.
- Must be team player who demonstrates integrity and respect.
- Be proficient in QuickBooks including Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Office software applications, primarily Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
- Experience with EFTs, RBC Express and RBC PayEdge an asset.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, bank deposits and reconciliations.
- Creating financial reports for management.
- Reconciling project cost and revenue reporting including the CRM.
- Managing revenue collections and reporting.
- Tracking money market accounts.
- Reconciling payroll with payroll service.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual financial statements and the annual audit.
- Any other accounting and finance related tasks as required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation and/or a minimum of five years of accounting and financial management experience.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Familiarity of the screen-based media industry preferred, but not required.
Please submit your resume including a cover letter explaining your interest in the Shaw Rocket Fund and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2022.
About the Shaw Rocket Fund:
The Shaw Rocket Fund is a vital partner of the Canadian children’s media sector in offering children robust world-leading content on all platforms. The Rocket Fund invests in and supports Canadian-made media that reflects Canadian values and diversity, and most of all respects and speaks to children, while positively showcasing Canadian leadership on the world stage. By working with producers, regulators, and governments, the Shaw Rocket Fund aims to make quality content for kids a global priority. For more information about the Fund, please visit our website at www.rocketfund.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. No Agencies.