CSV Finance Specialist
We are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of CSV Finance Specialist. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the department’s financial and accounting records, facilitating, and supporting the budget process, monitoring revenues and expenditures for operating and capital budgets/reports with designated area staff within the section, and performs transactional accounting functions as required. A high degree of professional judgement and independence is required in performing these duties while supporting the department and maintaining strong working relationships with other department, division, and corporate staff.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12 and completion of a two-year diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or other relevant discipline required and preferably be currently undertaking course work towards a professional accounting designation, or degree in Business Administration or relevant Management.
- 4 years performing financial analysis and advice for a large organization, preferably within a municipal department.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP), specifically as they relate to a municipal accounting environment and procedures as applied in an integrated computer environment.
- Proficiency in the use of JD Edwards computerized accounting systems, and other relevant operating software programs an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with business software such as Excel, Word and Power Point is required.
In addition to the 9 Core Competencies (i.e., Ethical Conduct & Values, Service Focus, Problem Solving/Thinking, Planning & Organizing, Leadership, Development, Communication & Interaction, Adaptability & Change Management, Understanding the Municipal Political Environment) – the following are specific to this position:
- Must have ability to apply accounting theory in conjunction with approved policies and procedures.
- Must be able to process a high volume of information accurately daily and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead, train and educate staff.
- Must be able to problem solve and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, primarily with City staff, user and stakeholder groups, contractors and occasionally with other government officials.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment e.g., photocopier, fax machine, calculator, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic office, accounting, and records management procedures.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $43.06 to $45.32 per hour and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals. If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.