- Accessible Housing
- Hybrid of working from home and in office
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Contract (includes summer)
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Support performs regular accounting duties to maintain organization and department accounts and records. As a member of the team, the Financial Support participates in regular team meetings and interacts will all levels of staff, and may liaise with contracted organizations and agencies, suppliers, funders and other stakeholders involved in the accounting and finance requirements of our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- A/P batch processing, banking setup
- Initial payroll review
- Routine monthly reporting
- Maintaining continuity schedules for year-end
- Assistance with audits
- Assistance with Budget preparation
- Assistance with data compilation and updating dashboards, maintenance of asset management system, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience supporting full cycle accounting including payables, receivables, and reconciliations.
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations affecting not-for-profit organizations is considered an asset.
- University degree, working towards the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Entering, reviewing, and verifying the accuracy of data
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to exercise discretion, and judgment, and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Knowledge of charitable receipting standards and CRA regulations
Attention to Detail: Ensures consistent accuracy and completeness of work in a timely manner.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates a commitment to working in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner. Self-motivated and results-oriented.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Planning and Organizing: Consistently prioritizes and organizes multiple activities to meet regular, ongoing deadlines.
Problem Solving: Seeks out information, asks questions, analyzes problems, overcomes challenges, and implements solutions.
Communication: Effectively communicates with all organizational levels in both verbal and written form, actively listens to understand the meaning and intent of others’ communications.
Integrity: Consistently adheres to all legal, social and organizational standards, including confidentiality and security of files, valuing and honoring commitments.
- The Financial Support usually works in an office environment with long periods of sitting.
- Currently this position is a hybrid, working in the office and remotely. This may change at the discretion of Accessible Housing at any time.
- This position may require engaging in tasks that require some light to moderate lifting up to 50lbs