- Master Flo
- Edmonton, AB
- Job Industry
The Senior Accountant is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting which will require continuous interaction and liaison with various operations and management teams. The successful candidate will provide financial expertise and support to the Controller and Accounting Manager, playing a key role in overseeing all reporting and financial functions.
Key position functions include:
- Ensuring compliance with ASPE in the recording of financial transactions and reporting of all financial information.
- Monthly account reconciliations and journal entries; including intercompany transactions – responsible for a smooth and timely month end close and generation of fully analyzed financial statements.
- Monthly variance analysis of P&L results vs budgets / forecasts / prior periods and preparing respective explanations to various management levels.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial and management reports that is accurate, timely and relevant.
- Active participation in interim and yearend audit engagements including interaction with external auditors and preparation of year-end documents, analytics, etc.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Integration with the operations teams with a curiosity to understand the business and provide accounting expertise and guidance for any issues that may arise.
- Fixed asset management and tracking - maintaining accurate and timely continuity schedules.
- Performing financial analysis to provide cost savings and profit-maximizing ideas and suggesting corrective actions.
- Identifying financial trends and providing the financial interpretation of such findings with ability to link to operational activities.
- Assisting in cost accounting processes including analyses of actual production costs versus standard costs and preparation of manufacturing variance reports.
Preferred candidates will possess a combination of the following:
The successful candidate shall be a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity while also possessing the following skills and qualifications:
- CPA designation.
- Strong knowledge with financial, operational and cost reporting and analysis.
- Technically savvy with the initiative to continually drive the improvement of processes within the accounting area.
- Experience in energy or manufacturing/assembly industries strongly desired.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system an asset.
- Experience with multi-currencies with exposure to international businesses/operations.
- Ability to be self-managed by establishing your own priorities that align with assigned work tasks and manage your time to effectively juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable discussing financial analysis and explaining financial concepts in layman terms to non-financial co-workers.
- Curiosity to continually question “what we do” and “how we do it” with the motivation of identifying improvements and creating efficiencies.
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to review financials and identify anomalies or opportunities in a way that you can link financial results to operational activities.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, changing environment with lots of challenges and opportunities to demonstrate your expertise in finance and accounting
Master Flo offers a competitive salary, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit program to prospective employees, as well as the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, characterized by continued growth and strong business results.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Apply to Job Link: