- Colas Canada
- Emonton AB, OR Toronto, ON OR Montreal, QC
- Job Industry
- Construction, Transportation
- Job Type
Location: Montreal, QC OR Edmonton, AB
Reporting to: Director – Financial Planning & Analysis
Structure: Potential for hybrid work model after completing probationary period
Benefits: Pension, comprehensive health, dental, and disability benefits, health spending account, annual bonus, employee discounts on gym membership and national retailers
This role will manage the preparation and the consolidation of all the financial information related to Colas Infrastructure Canada (CIC GP). Currently, this entity is part of a Joint Venture (JV) working on the second stage of the Edmonton Valley Line (EVL), a 14 km extension line for which the candidate will be responsible for consolidating the financial results of the project within the Colas Group, monitor the quality of the Cost Control in place for this specific project and assess all internal policies and accounting assumptions that could impact the Financial Statement of the Colas companies involved in the project.
- Set up processes and information flows that allow good control on cost progress incurred by various Colas partners
- Ensure the re-invoicing of the allocated resources to the EVL project by the companies of the Colas group
- Ensure the monthly Review of the Financial Statements and some performance Reports.
- Organize the monthly performance review, understand progress on the project costs and challenge the Estimate at Completion analysis.
- Identify the main budget and Estimate to Complete variances that require partners’ attention.
- Identify gaps in the quality of the analytical documentation.
- Recommend improvements to the JV on their performance monitoring
- Manage several management meetings involving partners (Colas entities)
- Summarize the management issues identified and the actions implemented
- Monitor the development of all management issues
- Alert partners on financial management and cost control issues
- Understand and summarize all the financial presentation issues which arise within the project and that could impact the group in the presentation of its Financial Statement
- Validate the financial controls put in place on the project
- Be responsible for monthly and quarterly group reporting, according to IFRS standards
- Establish appropriate documentation and controls, guaranteeing the quality of the financial information reported to the group
- Reconciliation of all the inter-company costs within the JV and the Colas Partners and ensure the proper eliminations of all intragroup goods and services
- Responsible for monthly sales tax returns
- Act as a key liaison with tax specialists involved in the preparation of annual tax returns on the various entities involved on the project
- Assist the Finance Director with the publication of the Limited Partnership's Financial Statement o Ensure the recognition of income, the financial cost and the debt meet the IFRS principles
- Actively participate in the creation or integration of new entities within Colas Canada Inc.
- Understand the activities and specific needs of the company in order to coordinate with the IT teams the implementation of the appropriate system settings
- Ensure coordination and communication between the various functional leads (Financial Director - Legal Department - IT Department - HR / Payroll Department ...)
- o Responsible for the accounting and the monthly review of these newly created entities
- Accounting Designation required (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Mobility required for traveling at least once a month to Edmonton or Montreal
- Minimum 5+ years of private sector experience, preferably in the construction industry (Civil engineering)
- Good understanding of IFRS 15
- Experience in consolidation and presentation of financial statements
- Experience in cost control in the construction industry an asset
- Computer proficient with demonstrated ability to use complex spreadsheet software within a Windows based environment, as well as JDE and Microsoft Office suite of programs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow standard procedures.
- Ability to build positive professional relationships and work collaboratively with functional and operational employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast changing and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in French an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
Amazing opportunities for mobility and career growth: At Colas, we encourage everyone to reach for their goals by building their own path: providing training tools, learning programs, and development initiatives. With a network of subsidiaries across Canada and operations in 53 countries worldwide, the opportunities to expand your career are endless.
Great perks: Discounted gym membership? Check. Exclusive deals on restaurants, merchandise, and travel? Check. Get rewarded for your hard work with access to a wide range of employee discounts.
Benefits and pension from day one: At Colas, we recognize the amazing talent each person brings. We believe such great talent deserves to be rewarded. We provide a comprehensive benefits and pension package, so you can focus on continuing to do your best.
Colas Canada Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colas Canada Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.