Senior Manager, Plant Finance, Redwater - Redwater, Alberta, Canada
- Redwater, AB-CA
- Job Industry
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 23,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position is located near Redwater, approximately 30 minutes from North Edmonton.
Reports to the Director, Nitrogen Finance.
What you will do:
- Identify and understand site and business unit strategies, tailoring analysis, reporting, and deliverables to support the strategies
- Provide insight to stakeholders in determining scenarios required for short- and long-term planning
- Act as the Finance point of contact for the site General Manager and site decision support and thought leadership to enable our Nitrogen sites and business unit to make quality decisions
- Provide financial oversight to the site and Nitrogen Business Unit to help the business achieve growth
- Develop site step changes and corresponding fixed/variable cost splits and capital requirements
- Quickly and efficiently review and analyze scenarios and forecasts
- Interpret and provide market intelligence data to site personnel for use in operational planning
- Analyze, interpret, and provide forward looking information, presenting to the site senior leadership team for decision making
- Improve the quality and availability of data and business information, making key financial data readily available to leaders across the Nitrogen Business Unit
- Provide education at the site on costs, budgets, forecasts, accounting treatments, and new policies
- Review costs, improve visibility and analysis of cost drivers, identify trends and implications of current costs on future costs, and provide this information to site personnel in a timely manner
- Compute and validate capital project financial return calculations
- Advise on investment and capital allocations for the site and business unit
- Provide thought leadership for continuous improvement ideas, and provide analysis and verification of results for ongoing initiatives
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis for various stakeholders
- Support and assist with Corporate and Site initiatives and projects
- Responsible for preparation and stewardship of the annual operating budget and monthly forecasts
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and professional accounting designation (CPA) with ten or more years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Understanding of IFRS
- Commitment to safety and integrity
- Proven supervisory experience
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, and ability to engage and prioritize when involved with multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with both technical and non-technical staff
- Willingness to proactively collaborate across finance and operations groups to achieve cross functional success
- Interest in and ability to learn and understand business and system processes
- Expertise in accounting, finance, and business process
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform effectively in a changing environment
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran