Volunteer Board of Director (We are growing!)
Since 2016, the Community Ambassadors has grown into something amazing - we connected Chartered Professional Accounts with non-profit groups in Calgaryand Edmonton. This has lead to numerous not-for-profits and charities finding qualified volunteers, and we are very proud of this accomplishment. With the last two years of rapid change, Alberta CPAs' Community Ambassadors are looking to grow and braoden our impacts in our community.
We are looking for 2-5 enterpreneurial and impact-oriented CPAs and candidates in Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Red Deer to help us sacle our impact in the Not-for-Profit sector ahead of our June Annual General Meeting (AGM). As a member of Alberta-registered not-for-profit organization's board, a director acts in a position of trust. We are collectively responsible for the effectiveness of our organization and programming.
You will be joining a group of passionate volunteers in our working board to enhance Alberta CPA's collective volunteering experience. Our board members includes experienced finance leaders with executive-level experiences, early career CPAs looking to future-proof and scale their skills, and impact-focused enterpreneurs from Albertra's growing start-up's.
For the next 12-18 months, we are specifically seeking volunteers with experiences in the following areas:
- Digital-Media, Marketing and Communication;
- Members Engagement and Comunity Building; and
- Hybrid Event Organization.
We also welcome volunteers with additional skillsets in:
- Google Suite;
- SaaS plateforms for content hosting and creation;
- Extensive experience in Alberta's Not-For-Profit sector; and
- Expertise/Speaking engagement on Future of Work.
For the next 6-9 months, you can expect around 6-10 hours of monthly committment consists of hybrid meetings and delivering milestones on a few green-field projects and programs.
In your application please provide your
- resume, and
- a brief description (under 100 words) in the cover letter on
- why you want to join the Alberta CPA's Community Ambassadors and
- how we can enhance the volunteering experience of Alberta CPAs.
We are also actively looking for 2-5 committee members across Alberta to support our directors with our green-field projects and programs. Please reply to this posting clearly stating your interest in being a committee member and we'll get in touch with you shortly after our June AGM.
The Alberta CPA's Community Ambassadors were founded in 2011 when a group of Calgary Chartered Accountants, with a passion for community involvement, wanted to find a way to help other CA’s share their passion and find meaningful and productive volunteer opportunities. In 2014, we welcome CGA’s and CMA’s to our group as we celebrate the merger of three different entities into the singular CPA designation. You can find out more about us on our website.
The primary responsibility of the Board is to set the vision and mission for Alberta CPA's Community Ambassadors and to put in place the strategy and the policies to see them realized. Responsibilities of individual Directors include but not limited to the following:
- Understand, support and champion the vision, mission and philosophy of Alberta CPA's Community Ambassadors (hereto referred to as "CA");
- Understand the fiduciary and other duties of a not-for-profit board in accordance to the Society's Act.
- Participate an implement in the development of high-level strategies for CA;
- Review CA material prior to meetings and participate at regularly scheduled meetings;
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete tasks thoroughly and in a timely manner;
- Speak as one voice with the other Directors of the Board to the community at large.
- Review and monitor CA polices and bylaws and be satisfied that they are in compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the membership at the annual general meeting. Directors serve for a two (2) year term with the option to serve additional two (2) year terms upon completion of the first and with the approval of the Board.