Manager, Financial Planning
- Corporate Services, 10909 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton
- 84, 479 - 105, 601 per annum
- Job Industry
- Health Care and Social Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Provides a wide range of financial management services for all entities managed by CapitalCare with emphasis customer service and a commitment to CapitalCare values. This position Serves as a CapitalCare knowledge leader in the specialty area of financial planning including budget system management and coordination and management of the Corporate Position Control System. Wide consideration for a range of issues, including risk identification management, asset protection and efficacious use of resources, in conjunction with ensuring the advancement of delivery of leading edge programs and services.
Baccalaureate Degree in Commerce (preferably majoring in accounting) or equivalent is required Member in good standing with a Professional Accounting Organization.
A combination of qualifications and experience may be considered.
Minimum 10 years' experience in Accounting Minimum 5 years' experience in Financial Management
Experience in Healthcare or Not for Profit sector preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required. Advanced skills in the utilization of spreadsheets, databases and accounting/financial systems.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of CICA Handbook, including relevant "not for profit" sections.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of Alberta Health and Wellness initiated documents, including Financial Directives and Regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of Canada Revenue Agency reporting requirements and technical bulletins for understanding relevant issues.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of the applicability and use of internal audit controls.
- Maintains current knowledge of issues affecting the operations of CapitalCare and the CapitalCare Foundation including understanding the external/internal environment (organizational culture, politics) and how it impacts the organization.
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Effectively conveys concepts in a clear and concise manner through presentations, reports, and other written forms, using methods of communication appropriate to the audience.
- Encourages clear communication from others by editing and reviewing communication and providing constructive feedback.
- Displays effective group facilitation skills in managing people, tasks and resolving conflict.
- Is able to raise or accept an opposing view in such a manner that the discussion does not escalate to conflict.
- Asks questions to challenge people to think about solutions themselves.
- Delivers consistent messages and expectations.