Senior Finance Analyst
This is your chance to bring your talents to the beautiful wine region of the Okanagan.
AIM Roads Inc. is an established subsidiary division of Global Acciona Road Maintenance group, with the main focus on road maintenance, road and bridge infrastructures, in the beautiful Okanagan area of BC, Canada. AIM Roads Inc. has offices in Armstrong, Summerland, and Vancouver, BC. This role is intended to work out of the local Armstrong office.
The Senior Finance Analyst will play an integral part of the AIM Roads Finance team with a focus on maintaining internal financial controls and enforcing compliance with financial policies and procedures of the Organization. In addition to having a recognized Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) Designation, the holder of this position must exhibit strong comprehension of accounting principles and practices.
Under the direct reporting to the AIM Finance Manager, and functional reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, Acciona Infrastructure North America, the Senior Finance Analyst will be responsible for execution of all financial reporting and accounting functions.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and systems (in conjunction with commercial function)
- Provide guidance to Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Assist with preparation of budgets and reforecast
- Prepare accruals and review anomalies with the Operations Team
- Review and analysis of inventory balances
- Prepare the monthly and year-end financial reporting packages
- Monitor the daily cash position, investment of excess treasury and preparation of cash flow projections
- Co-ordinate the annual audit of the financial statements
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and depreciation calculations
- Review reconciliation of account balances and preparation of accounting schedules
- Complete GST remittances and reporting to authorities
- Maintain and update accounting system
- Other Ad-Hoc projects as assigned by the Finance Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to build and maintain positive relationships with operations management, financial staff and other departments
- Ability to work independently, take initiate, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and see projects through to completion
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- Individual may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed
Experience & Qualifications
- 5-7 years’ experience in similar capacity preferably in construction.
- CPA Accounting designation
- Experience using Explorer Eclipse preferred
- Experience with Power BI would be an asset
- We offer competitive total reward packages and compensation is commiserate on experience and qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.