Accounting Technician Senior
Pearson Cardell LLP is a firm that believes in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership and truly believe that our success is a result of our client’s success. One third of our corporate clients have been with us for over 17 years. Committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients, we take pride in giving each one the assurance that stems from our team’s years of advanced training, technical experience, and financial acumen. Pearson Cardell LLP’s continual investment of time and resources in continuing education, state of the art computer technology and our extensive business relationships is indicative of our commitment to excellence.
Pearson Cardell LLP is growing and is looking for a full-time Senior Accounting Technician to work with us in Calgary. If you are a self-starting, problem solving individual, with senior public accounting firm experience for owner managed businesses, looking to further develop your career in a flexible and supportive work environment, Pearson Cardell LLP could be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
- Under the supervision of the Accounting Partner, this Senior Technician will be responsible for the preparation of working papers, financial statements and tax returns (Compilation, NTR, T2, Reviews and Audits) in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and firm standards
- Preparation of external filings such as GST returns, T1 personal tax returns, T4 & T5 returns for owner managed businesses
- Provision of bookkeeping support to a small quantity of clients
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in related field
- Software Competency in the following: Caseware, Profile, Taxprep; and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks, Sage 50)
- Microsoft Office competency - all platforms, specifically Excel and Outlook
- 5 years of experience working in a public accounting firm with owner managed businesses
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Caseware and Profile
- Knowledge of the Canada Revenue Agency on line portal for businesses and TRACS system for Alberta corporations
- 5 years bookkeeping experience with Sage 50 or Quickbooks or equivalent
Characteristics and Competencies
- A high level of focus and attention to detail is required. Must be able to meet prescribed deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and flexibility to manage multiple tasks
- Strong professional communication skills so as to maintain effective working relationships with client contacts and respond effectively to client requests via email, telephone and face-to-face (in person/virtually)
- This position requires full time computer use at a workstation on a daily basis
- Due to the nature of the Canadian accounting industry and tax filing deadlines, our team finds the months of March to June results in increased hours to meet the needs of its clients. We balance this temporary ebb and flow of the industry with flexible work day schedules during the less busy season.
Employees involved with client engagement need to provide proof of vaccination. All employees must follow Alberta and City of Calgary health bylaws including mask bylaws for public spaces.
Pearson Cardell LLP is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Why Choose Pearson Cardell LLP?
- Stability: Our Senior Accounting Partners have been practicing in Calgary for over 20 years and have developed long standing relationships within the local Small Business community with a diverse group of owner managed businesses
- Opportunities for advancement including salary increases, monetary bonuses based on performance
- Full suite of health and dental benefits
- Cell phone allowance
- Private office
- Free On-site parking
- Relaxed work environment
- Remote work available after onboarding period (Description: “part time”, “hybrid”, “core work hours”, “in person office days”)
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Expected Start Date: Summer 2022
All applications will be kept confidential. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Submit your Resume and Cover letter through this ad or email directly to: email@example.com
Your cover letter should contain:
- The word APPLE as an example of your attention to detail
- The answer to the following: What are the 3 most important steps you use to complete the working papers for a Notice to Reader?