FGH Capital Investing is a capital investment and management company located in Drayton Valley, AB. Amongst other branches of business, FGH owns and manages industrial, commercial, and residential real estate throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan.
FGH is currently seeking a Finance Manager to complement its internal accounting practises and general business development, including FGH’s subsidiary companies. In this financial leadership role, you will provide the organization(s) with sound financial accounting and tax direction and reporting. The right candidate for this position with be insightful, both financially, and from a business/tax perspective.
FGH Capital has a culture of motivated employees that are entrepreneurial in spirit and are often offered the opportunity to participate in partnerships.
The role would be a mix of remote work located in FGH’s satellite office downtown Edmonton and work from home based on the candidates needs. Travel to Drayton Valley may be necessary from time to time.
• Ensure year-end reporting is completed and submitted to external accounting firm for review engagements for tax filing for multiple companies
• Identifies appropriate benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
• Manage and comply with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Involved in year-end completion including auditing responsibilities, forecasting, and reporting
• Compile and analyze data for key performance indicators and risk metrics
• Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and risk analysis
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Prepare financial discussion and analysis reporting for presentation to management
• Delegation, mentoring and supervision of accounting staff including coordination of activities, development of competency while ensuring that processes are completed within the required time frame.
• Additional financial management duties as necessary
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Strong and well-developed communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of associates (finance and operations) both within and outside the group
• Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and tight timelines
• Great diligence and strong analytical skills
• High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion
• Positive team attitude and willingness to adapt to fluctuating work volumes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook is essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) required
• Five years’ experience of combined accounting and finance experience
• Proven working experience in a senior finance role, supervisory experience an asset
• Demonstrated and proven experience with intercompany transactions and multiple related company businesses is essential
• Compensation will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate
• Health & Dental benefits available after probationary period
• Company RRSP program available