Women Building Futures (WBF) is a nonprofit organization offering programs and support services to help unemployed and underemployed women explore and connect to economic security through careers that pay above a living wage. We focus on removing common barriers between women and occupations where women have been traditionally under-represented.
WBF strengthens skills and prepares students for work with WBF’s Employers of Choice in both the trades and driving industries. Connection to growing careers with inclusive employers provides security and financial independence for our graduates and often their families. In 2021 70% of the women served were unemployed pre-program and 60% had dependents. 86% of our grads were connected to life changing careers within 6 months of program graduation.
WBF is looking for skilled and experienced volunteers with experience in finance/audit to join its board of directors. Directors are expected to attend and contribute at regular board meetings and actively participate in a board sub-committee. The term of office is three years with the possibility of renewal to a maximum of six years. Board of director members must demonstrate WBF values throughout their term on the board.
Skills and experience that a board member is expected to contribute to WBF include but are not limited to:
- Strategy, strategic priorities, strategic partnerships/funding
- Identification of risks and oversight of risk mitigation
- Knowledge of Board operations and governance
- High level of literacy as it relates to financial statements and financial oversight (CPA preferred)
- Board policies, bylaws, and Charter of Expectations
- Effective relationship between the President & CEO, senior management, and the Board
- Monitoring of impact of results relative to the Mission
WBF is building an inclusive culture that encourages, uplifts, and celebrates the diversity of our board, workplace and the communities we serve and is committed to inclusion based on values of Integrity, Health & Safety, Courage and Compassion. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this position submit a resume that includes disclosure of your relevant experience to https://womenbuildingfutures.ca/about/careers/