- Baby Gourmet
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Manufacturing, Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type
Entrepreneurial, Calgary based Baby Gourmet has a broad Canadian and US presence and is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst.
This new role is based in our south Calgary office and will provide dedicated support the accounting and finance team of a wholly owned subsidiary company.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting & Finance, this position will work to carry out the full-cycle accounting process within an established set of guidelines utilizing a variety of software applications.
This is an exciting growth opportunity for the right candidate who is interested in advancing their career with a dynamic, collaborative, results orientated team in a Trusted company that is well funded, private, and gearing up for growth.
In addition to a competitive salary, this position offers free onsite parking, a robust health and dental benefits plan and a beautiful, brand new office space.
Baby Gourmet is the #1 brand of organic baby food in Canada. We develop every product and never compromise on quality or taste, using only the very best ingredients.
Co-founded in the home kitchen of sisters Jen and Jill, the popular and delicious baby and toddler food products went from selling out at the weekly local farmers markets to being sold across Canada and the US in major retailers and online platforms. In their 15th year of business, Baby Gourmet has been recently acquired by The Hero Group – a private international company headquartered in Switzerland.
Focus and Responsibilities
- Month end reporting and analysis
- Preparation of reconciliation schedules such as: prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued liabilities/expenses, deferred revenue etc.
- Provide the business with insights from the analysis of operating results against budget and prior periods
- Reporting systems implementations, improvements, and custom report creation
- Canadian and US tax support (including 1099s)
- Coordination and management of year-end audits with external auditors
- Process controls and documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of full cycle accounting
- Ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communicator who can leverage data to develop and support decisions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Self-motivated, critical thinker who can work independently as well as within a team
- Discerning and maintains accuracy and confidentiality in the management of operational and financial information
- Solid knowledge of current accounting practices and technologies
- System Superuser & system conversion expertise
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' relevant work experience. A combination of public & industry experience is considered an asset.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in a relevant field.
- Professionally designated as a CPA with a minimum of 2 years post designation experience.
- Demonstrated high-level working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools - Power BI skillset is highly desirable.
- Advanced or Expert level skillset in Excel (proficiency with pivot tables, VLOOKUP, advanced formulas, macros, modelling, etc.).
- Experience with and a solid understanding of financial reporting software and systems.
- Knowledge of SAP B1, Solver, Hyperion & Power BI is an asset.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that celebrates, accepts, and supports the diversity of our employees and customers alike.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates bring in terms of their combination of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application or recruitment process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org