As a privately-owned MillerKnoll Certified Dealer and commercial flooring provider, we prioritize people, productivity, and value to create more than a place to work— we create a space to succeed.
We're proud of our half-century legacy as a company. Our people have brought us to where we are. COI is and has been honoured to have a passionate team that's committed to creating great spaces for you to be your best in.
This role – Financial Analyst – is responsible for providing support to the organization related to all areas of financial planning, analysis, and forecasting. The financial analysts will be responsible for analyzing past performance against a plan and forecasting future revenue, expenses, and cash flow as well as helping to drive process improvements to help management and operations make tactical and strategic decisions.
We believe in the power of diversity and the power of teamwork. We need both collaboration and individual responsibility to organize effectively around our customer's problems.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely detail oriented.
The successful candidate will be responsible for financial planning, analysis, and forecasting. They will also be responsible for the following:
• Participate in the improvement of the company's financial model and in building new models that enable leadership to make effective strategic decisions.
• Assist the team in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
• Automate and optimize efficient and accurate data flows between various financial systems allowing for sustainable and scalable reporting.
• Support the team in the preparation of monthly / quarterly reports for management, the executive team, and Board meetings.
• Analyze business impact of variances and help determine short- and long-term impacts to the forecasts.
• Participate in cash management forecasting.
• Take part in any future M&A activities and due diligence.
• Benchmark financial results, operating metrics, and other industry best practices with key competitors.
• Collaborate on producing business cases, scenario modeling, and identifying opportunities to improve profitability and reduce costs.
• Understand accounting policies and ensure accurate reflection in the various planning and reporting tools.
• Participate in the implementation and maintenance of relevant software and tools, as necessary.
• Manage data exports from Financial systems to DataRails
• Building and enhancing current financial and management reporting packages
• Building and enhancing dashboard/KPI reports
• Consolidate and distribute P&L by product and market
• Analyze current and past financial data
• Support the operations and management teams by preparing, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting financial data
• Produce daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for key performance metrics, financial results, and variance analysis
• Coordinate with other members of the finance, operations, and management teams to review financial information, generate forecasts, and analyze results
• Provide support for the budgeting and forecasting processes
• Identify trends in financial performance and work with Regional Controllers for performance improvements
You have 3-5 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, or other related fields. Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Excel is a must for this role, as well as strong strategic thinking and analytical skills. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative. You must be able to handle a high volume of transactions and changes.
We are looking for someone who also has:
• Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
• Experience with Finance tools (NetSuite, DataRails, other planning software) would be an asset.
• Strong interest in Information Systems Software.
• Experience building KPIs.
• Experience with report building would be a plus
• Designated professional accountant or pursuing a designation would be considered a strong asset
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer competitive health benefits, wellness and healthcare spending accounts, and a holiday package that includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s off. You’ll also be getting in as we grow, so growth opportunities abound if you exhibit the knowledge, expertise, and passion to develop within the organization.
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our impeccably designed and furnished office. You’ll mostly work from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with irregular or extended hours as projects demand. We offer a hybrid model of working from home, the office, and the rest of the time will be on-site with clients.
Please apply directly by emailing email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.