Tax Manager -Cross-Border Tax
TAX MANAGER – CROSS-BORDER TAX
Andersen LLP is looking for a highly motivated Tax Manager to work with its Partners and Directors in Calgary and Vancouver. The role will work closely with team members in both offices serving clients in U.S. and Canadian tax matters.
We are proud of our boutique office culture within a global organization, and we reap the positive benefits of both! We are a pre-approved CPA training office for students working toward obtaining their designation in Canada. We actively support advanced degrees in tax and continuing professional education. This individual will play an active role in mentoring and training our team members. Our team grows from a solid foundation and is empowered both personally and professionally to succeed.
Who We Are
Andersen LLP’s practice is focused on U.S. and cross-border tax matters working principally with Canadian business and investment in the U.S and U.S. citizens resident in Canada. It is a member firm of Andersen Global with offices in 360 locations around the world.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Creates innovative and tailored tax solutions for clients and recommended actions to achieve future tax results.
- Advises clients on relevant tax and non-tax issues, is responsible for services delivered and engagement profitability.
- Works collaboratively to solve problems and identify opportunities in tax compliance and consulting assignments. May be required to prepare complex tax assignments.
- Coaches, mentors, and works collaboratively with team members to build trusted relationships. Aptitude for business development.
- Able to resolve complex Canadian and US tax issues and desire to develop skills in this field.
- Ability to work in teams and alone in a fast-paced work environment managing multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
Technical Qualifications and Education
- A professional credential is required – CPA in Canada or the US, admitted to practice law, LLM, Masters in Tax or Enrolled Agent
- 5+ years relevant tax experience required in business or industry
- Broad exposure to U.S. and Canadian income taxation
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to identify issues and initiate their resolution
- The ability to organize complex information to support research and tax preparation requirements
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and tax return preparation software such as CCH’s Axcess and iFirm
- Some travel maybe required
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, paramedical, vision, dental and a supportive Employee Assistance Program
- Incentive compensation for demonstrated skills and bonuses for business development
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Regular teambuilding and social events
- Financial and professional support for professional development and education (CPA, US CPA, Masters in Tax)
Send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to Tracy Forrest at firstname.lastname@example.org. . Applications will be reviewed and if there is a good fit, we will contact applicants for an initial interview. Applicants moving on to the candidate stage will receive a call to set up a virtual interview with our senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be contacted directly after all interviews are completed. Thank you for your interest in Andersen LLP.