Redline Real Estate Group Inc is seeking a Controller / Senior Accountant for its Calgary office. Reporting to the company owners, this role is best suited to an individual who thrives in a small team and is comfortable working within a small business that is growing quickly. The chosen applicant will be a highly productive, independent self starter with a willingness to dig for answers and establish new systems in a high paced environment.
· Oversee the monthly Property Management and Brokerage close processes
· Prepare monthly financial statement packages for the Ownership team
· Oversee and assist with full cycle accounting functions
· Prepare and remit monthly and annual tax remittances and slips
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations ensuring all financial transactions are recorded correctly
· Ensure compliance with Real Estate Council and Government reporting requirements
· Coordinate annual financial statement and tax return preparation
· Oversee the relationship with the Company’s banks and ensure compliance as required
· Act as a liaison with external accountants
· Oversee insurance and benefit programs
· Assist with HR function a required
· Act as a liaison with external IT provider
· Other activities as assigned
Key Experience/Skill Qualifications
· Formal education in Accounting with a work experience. CPA required, CA preferred.
· Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
· Detail oriented and willingness to roll up sleeves and work alongside operations.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
· Ability to learn new software programs quickly
· Experience in a Real Estate and/or Property Management environment would be considered an asset, but is not required
We appreciate all interest however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Part-time or full time available depending on Candidate experience and qualifications ** We will accommodate the ideal candidate’s need for a positive work life balance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$115,000.00 per year for full time, to be prorated for part time