Manager, Fund Reporting
Manager, Fund Reporting – Contract Position (~18 months)
ARC is seeking an enthusiastic individual for the role of Manager, Fund Reporting to join our Finance & Administration Team. This is a full time, approximately 18-month, contract position. The opportunity for permanent employment may be assessed at the end of the contract.
ARC Financial Corp. (“ARC”) is committed to building high performing businesses that address the world’s energy and sustainability needs. With Cdn $6.0 billion of capital raised across the ARC Energy Funds, ARC provides growth equity capital to companies operating across the energy spectrum.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity work within a dynamic and professional environment. The candidate will report directly to the Sr. Vice-President, Finance and will be a key member of the Finance Team responsible for financial reporting, risk management, portfolio analytics, investor relations, tax and regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Finance & Administration Team, the firm’s Investment and Research Teams, institutional investors, and portfolio companies.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for all financial reporting functions, including timely and accurate reporting for the ARC Energy Funds.
- Quarterly / Annual Fund financial statements
- Performance reporting and analysis
- Supplemental investor information - partner’s capital, NAV, calls and distributions
- Ensure compliance of all transactions in accordance with Limited Partnership Agreements and internal procedures
- Research and make recommendations on accounting issues and GAAP (ASPE / IFRS) analysis
- Responsible for Fund partnership tax returns and other tax compliance matters (Canadian, US and German) and liaise with external advisors, as required
- Assistance with portfolio company related tax filings and reporting, as required
Fund Analysis / Other
- Assistance with other financial analysis (e.g. internal analysis by other departments etc.)
- Oversight and review of cash positions and requirements, capital calls from and distributions to investors
- Manage the annual external auditor process and preparation of auditor materials
- Assist with investor queries and other investor interactions
- Manage and support the Fund Accounting Team
- Drive continuous improvements in Fund Reporting and Tax Compliance processes
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Solid technical financial accounting skills with an exceptional understanding of Canadian GAAP and the CICA handbook
- Experience with financial statements preparation and review
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Canadian and US tax, specifically partnership and non-resident taxation is an asset
- Prior investment/private equity business experience is an asset
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Pro-active, positive, and goal-oriented with the ability to work openly, effectively, and co-operatively within a team
- Highly analytical, has a passion for excellence, and pays great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to relate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external parties
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Professional attitude with demonstrated accountability for their work and the performance of the team
- Confidence and ability to prepare and execute professional presentations to senior management
- Ability to support the projection of ARC and the Finance & Administration Team’s image to the highest standard
- Recognized Canadian Chartered Professional Accounting designation
- Minimum of 3 years post designation experience
- Experience in public practice preferred
Interested candidates should e-mail (no phone calls please) a resume and cover letter to HR@arcfinancial.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. For further information on ARC Financial please visit our website at www.arcfinancial.com.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.