The De Beers Group has an opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Finance Team at the Calgary Support Centre. Reporting to the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, the Financial Analyst will play a pivotal role in full-cycle accounting, financial reporting and supporting the development of budgets and forecasts. The Financial Analyst will also provide financial support for various functions within the business unit. The successful candidate will be a well-seasoned self-starter who is proficient with all key responsibilities listed below, yet enjoys working collaboratively with the team and willing to jump into new opportunities in an effort to balance the workload across the team.
- Co-ordinate and execute month-end activities, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and consolidation (SAP/HFM);
- Support the timely preparation of monthly financial reports and variance analysis;
- Support Half-Year and Year-End process, including deliverables to Group;
- Support external audit activities, including timely coordination and completion of audit activities;
- Support Joint Venture reporting;
- Support SAP improvement plans;
- Support compliance with internal control framework for De Beers Canada
- Execute GRIR review and clearing;
- Supporting forecast and business plan input for the areas within the scope of this role in Calgary Support Center budget preparation;
- Serving as the administrator of credit cards and cheque transactions within DBCI;
- Serving as the Gift and Entertainment Compliance Officer for DBCI;
- Acting as a backup for other members in the Controllers team and Operations Finance team; and
- Promoting, supporting and implementing sound safety, health, and environmental practices in line with De Beers’ policies, procedures, and practice.
- University degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related fields;
- CPA, CA, CGA or CMA certification;
- One (1) to three (3) years of post-designation experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Previous experience in mining, oil & gas or manufacturing considered an asset;
- Adept at transaction level accounting and variance analysis techniques;
- Skilled at completing work within the SAP FI/CO, and MM modules;
- Possess advanced skills with Excel, while being proficient with the remainder of the MS Office Suite of programs;
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face change, and capable of working with a cross-functional global business team; and
- Ability to consistently meet reporting deadlines.
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
With headquarters in London and mines in four countries – Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa – we are truly global. Established in 1888, our expertise ranges from exploration and diamond recovery, to rough diamond sales and diamond jewellery retail. In Canada we operate the Gahcho Kué Mine in the Northwest Territories, are working to advance the Chidliak Project on Baffin Island and have an active exploration program looking for Canada’s next great diamond mine.
We market our polished diamonds through two brands, Forevermark and De Beers Jewellers, while our Element Six operation is the world leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond materials for industrial and electronic applications.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year and have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. As our mining operations are fly-in fly-out, vaccination is required to travel to sites.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications
More search results
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta
Chief Financial Officer
TELUS Spark Science Centre
Board of Trustees' Audit and Risk Committee Membe…
Calgary Board of Education
Finance Business Partner, Resource Planning and C…
Resolve Accounting Professional Corp