Director of Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Information Services Corporation
- Job Type
The Director, Financial Reporting and Accounting is a key position within ISC. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director will be accountable for ensuring the accuracy of ISC’s corporate financial reporting, Treasury, regulatory adherence and strategic direction and oversight of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
To ensure success in this role, you, as a technical authority, will be at ease communicating in all modes and with a broad array of internal and external stakeholders. Your have honed your ability to distil highly complex information such as the financial health of the organization and the impact of actions and initiatives to a level that can be fully understood by nonfinancial experts. Your ability to proactively identify problems, risks, and situations inimical to ISC’s interest are foundational to this role.
You thrive when afforded a high degree of autonomy in your work and independence in your decision making. You are in your element when allowed to contribute and provide advice and decisions that have broad impact on the corporation, its operations, financial management, and public image.
The role will be best served by a hands-on, dynamic leader who brings depth and breadth of understanding within the specialized field of accounting and finance to develop and implement strategic planning, frameworks and financial and accounting processes, systems, tools and services. This knowledge is necessary to lead the preparation of financial statements; development of annual budgets and forecasts; the annual audit for the organization, as well as ability to apply financial knowledge and analysis capabilities to support decision making across the organization.
Already known for your ability to lead high performing teams that deliver excellence, and your ability to provide sound advice, you possess the following:
- A university degree in Business Administration or Commerce
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with time spent within public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with IFRS, audit, accounting processes and controls, ICFR and financial system, ideally Workday
- Strong project and people management skills in a highly confidential environment
- System integration and modernization as well as M&A experience highly desirable