The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. We offer challenging assignments and an encouraging work environment which promotes personal and professional growth. At PCL, your ambition will be rewarded in more ways than one. In our culture of ownership, accomplishments are shared – and celebrated – by everyone!
Here's how an Accounting Manager for our Calgary office contributes to our team:
- Effectively leads and develops a team of professionals through mentoring, coaching, and career development.
- Supervises all accounting functions, such as monthly reporting and analysis, annual year end reporting, financial planning and budgeting, general ledger controls and processes, payroll, and others as required in accordance with legislation, contract terms, and PCL policies and procedures.
- Prepares management reporting packages and manages the process of quarterly budgeting and forecasting.
- Strategically identifies irregularities or risk exposure and supports the development of a strategy to address them.
- Presents financial information to senior management and meaningfully participates in review meetings.
- Reviews and analyzes all accounting and financial adjustments, submissions, and reports
- Provides various ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Manages internal and external financial audits as applicable.
- Provides departmental technical expertise and guidance.
- Develops and maintains strong internal and external relationships with key collaborators.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in a related discipline. Accounting Designation (CMA, CA, CGA, CPA).
- Minimum 6 years of accounting experience. Experience in the construction industry and cost accounting is considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience, guiding and mentoring others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to delegate and lead activities effectively and motivate direct reports.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of full-cycle accounting, accounting principles, with the ability to analyze and recommend potential strategies.
- Expert understanding of project cost forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong knowledge of government legislation regarding accounting, payroll, taxes, and deductions.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle, Enterprise One software and Textura CPM software is considered an asset.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!