Financial Controller (Canada)
We are currently looking to add a Financial Controller to our Team.
Reporting to the Director Finance North America Region, the Financial Controller is responsible for the management of the Canada Finance Department. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will work directly with and in support of the Team, the General Manager and the America’s Financial Director in providing expertise, insight and execution of all financial matters for Canada.
Reports to: Director Finance North America Region
Location: Calgary, AB
Details: Full Time
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation
Please visit our website Komatsu.jobs for more information.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and current estimates for Canada.
- Responsible for all accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and financial management for Canada. This includes financial operations, LCM and OE financial management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, corporate tax, reporting and treasury.
- Assists the Canada General Manager, Regional and District Managers, AMNO Financial Director and other staff for strategic planning, including the completion of the 3-year strategic capital plan, as well as driving performance within regions and service centers (metrics, leading indicators).
- Liaison with other branch controllers throughout the USA.
- Performance Leader responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a financial management and accounting function is required
- CPA or CA is required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Previous work in a mining environment would be an asset
- Demonstrated solid track record in a similar role in mining, manufacturing and/or construction with excellent knowledge of the inventory cycle/warehouse, life cycle management and OE financial management
- Experience with budget vs actual variance/margin analysis
- Experience in corporate tax and reporting
- Experience leading in a large matrix organization
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Experience in audit preparation and working with internal and external auditors
- Experience in ensuring proper cost controls by monitoring and investigating processes, inventory count variances, analyzing job costs and profitability
- Experience in the consolidating financial statements and forecast preparation
- Solid understanding of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley rules
- Understanding of reporting in accordance with USA GAAP
- Knowledge of DC and DB Pensions would be an asset
- Good understanding of key performance indicators, development and tracking
- Superior project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Hands-on, roll-up the sleeves approach
More search results
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta
Finance Business Partner, Resource Planning and C…
Chief Financial Officer
TELUS Spark Science Centre
Resolve Accounting Professional Corp
Board of Trustees' Audit and Risk Committee Membe…
Calgary Board of Education