Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services the Accounting Supervisor is a member of the Finance and Administration Team. The focus of the Accounting Supervisor is all financial management, control and reporting, including overseeing the accounting functions, property tax, conducting forecast analysis, monitoring corporate credit and oversight of finance staff. The Town relies on this role to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
This is a permanent, long-term position with occasional work in the evening and weekend.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration with major in Accounting.
- An accounting designation (C.P.A.) or working towards it, is considered an asset.
- Experience with Bellamy/Serenic Software
- Experience with municipal administration and finance
- Experience mentoring and coaching
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial accounting and reporting for a municipality or government organization using fund accounting.
- Experience with payroll
- Experience with investments
- Providing financial analysis to senior leadership
- Experience with customer service for both internal and external customers
- Experience with external auditors and coordinating the audit
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and performing work with accuracy.
- Solid understanding of municipal financial processes and procedures.
- Records and monitors investments.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and controls, providing input on policies and strategies.
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits administration, and applicable legislation.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (M.G.A.) and other relevant Alberta legislation.
- Time Management, balancing numerous high priority tasks and duties
- Knowledge of GST compliance and filing
- Ability to identify issues that require notification of leadership
- Ability to independently make defendable judgment calls for those issues that do not require further input from the Director
- Ability to occasionally work remotely if required
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a current Criminal Records Check as a condition of employment
- Authorized to work in Canada
Open Until Suitable Candidate Found
For further information contact:
Director of Corporate Services
Town of Vermilion
5021 – 49 Avenue
Phone: (780) 581-2400 Email: mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc.
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta
Manager, Accounts Receivable
Alberta University of the Arts
Senior Analyst, Financial Management & Advice
Town of High River
Controller (Business Leader)
IRT Integrated Rectifier Technologies Inc.