Cost & Inventory Accountant
In 1985, Ed McNally founded Big Rock Brewery Inc. (“Big Rock”) to contest the time's beer trends.Our extensive portfolio of signature beers, hard teas, ciders and ongoing seasonal offerings as well as custom-crafted private label products keep us at the forefront of the craft beverage revolution and still proudly contesting the trends of today.
We are searching Cost & Inventory Accountant to join our accounting team. This position will manage and comply with provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and filings (i.e. GST, PST, Excise etc.) and ensure current and accurate process documentation exists. A high level of accuracy is required to ensure accuracy of manufacturing costs information and variance identification while maintaining responsibility for ensuring that wholesale inventory, and related costing and analysis are prepared in a timely manner to facilitate management decision making with respect to product mix and facility utilization. This position requires performance of Inventory accounting, cost management and controls, general accounting, and external reporting to government agencies. Our Big Rock values as energizers with edge who execute are at the core of who we are and what we believe
- Production order entry support and review of transactions for all operational locations
- Prepare and review production reports and variance analysis, including monitoring unit cost variances
- Coordinate, and facilitate periodic inventory counts, review and support for all wholesale inventories at multiple warehouse locations (includes raw materials, packaging materials, work-in progress and finished goods)
- Reconcile inventory balances
- Participate in process improvement implementation
- Inventory item set up
- Reconcile RM, Packaging Materials and WIP
- Product Waste/Dumped Product Reporting
- Development of COGS Actual to Budget Reporting Production/Brewing
- Development of Logistics & Warehousing Reporting
- Record inventory count and related adjustments in SAP-B1
- Manage standard cost bill of materials, including preparation, review, analysis and updates in BOM model and SAP-B1 on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for financial entries including billing and collections for contract brewing initiatives
- Collaborate with the Operations teams to manage and maintain purchase order price lists for all purchased inventoried products
- Provides support during 3rd party compliance audits as required
- Evaluate and prepare related month end entries for inventory write-offs, provisions and adjustments in accordance with GAAP and Company policies
- Prepare and record Excise Tax entries and reporting for all operational locations
- Reconciling and reviewing monthly Keg credit entries for all provinces, including a quarterly review and update of keg liability estimates
- Prepare and record monthly journal entries, and account reconciliations, as assigned
- Prepare regular inventory reporting and analysis, including turnover, quantity and values of dumped beer
- Prepare and report various monthly reporting as per regulatory requirements
- Assist external financial auditors as needed on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist with operational process change development, implementation and documentation
- Assist with internal control design and testing for inventory
- Provide support to data integrity relating to SAP-B1 master tables including: Item Master and Bill of Materials -set-up, standard costing review, reporting classifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary Education in a Business, Finance/Accounting (OR equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Experience working with ERP and cost accounting systems
- Working knowledge of SAP BI an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operational Accounting (equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered).
- Experience with full close-cycle accounting and preparing financials.
- Previous experience with accounting and financials for manufacturing organization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and possesses advanced Excel skills.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to anticipate and solve problems, exercise sound judgment, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Proven ability to handle diverse activities and concurrent projects.
- Excellent organizations skill and strict attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, with the ability to lead cross-departmental meetings.
- Strong analytic progressive thinking Strong knowledge of inventory control ERP and MRP systems, as well as Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Self-directed, personally motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Team-player able to work well with others and contribute to a positive work environment.
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, success focused organization with an exciting growth plan please submit your resume and cover letter by email directly to email@example.com
More search results
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc.
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta
Manager, Accounts Receivable
Alberta University of the Arts
Senior Analyst, Financial Management & Advice
Town of High River
Controller (Business Leader)
IRT Integrated Rectifier Technologies Inc.