Chief Financial Officer
- Leaders on behalf of INOVA Geophyiscal
- Job Industry
- Job Type
INOVA Geophysical Equipment Limited is a leading provider of land geophysical technology, including source and source control systems, cabled and cableless land acquisition systems, and advanced seismic sensing devices. With annual revenue in range of $100m and 200 employees across the globe, INOVA aspires to become THE land seismic technology company of the 21st century by developing rugged and reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of their E&P customers around the world.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is a key member of the executive leadership team, responsible for the management and reporting of the company’s global financial resources and for oversight of commercial activities. The role will help create and maintain a growing, profitable enterprise and is accountable for the accurate and fair representation of INOVA’s financial status to stakeholders.
The CFO provides leadership in the development of INOVA’s financial strategy including capital requirements, treasury management and accurate reporting of financial results. The CFO ensures the timely and accurate production of financial and statistical reporting, provides independent financial oversight to the Board of Directors and its committees, and acts as an advisor on all financial matters. Other areas of responsibility with the CFO’s portfolio include oversight of the HR, IT, legal and property functions.
Leading a team of ~20 professionals, the CFO has 2 direct reports:
- Director, Financial Reporting (Houston)
- Director, Operational Finance & Administrative Services (Calgary)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Commerce, Administration, other) with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in an executive financial leadership role, ideally within an international manufacturing organization.
- Experience working in a multinational and multicultural stakeholder environment.
- Exceptional FX, treasury and cash management skills to support a cash-intensive, large deal flow business model.
- Solid commercial acumen and ideally some customer-facing experience as well.
- CPA designation is preferred.
- The role requires travel and/or work outside of regular hours.