- Orion LLP Chartered Professional Accountants
- Job Type
Are you looking for a place to grow your career and your family?
Orion Chartered Professional Accountants is looking for a Senior accountant to join our public practice in Brooks, Alberta.
Our community focused and family-oriented accounting firm is looking for an Accountant to grow with the firm, with a potential to join the partnership. We feel Brooks offers a great balance between small town and city while being close to major centers. Our firm is a great place to call home if you want to ensure you can have an excellent work/life balance.
- Must be a designated CPA
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a public practice accounting firm with 2 years post CPA
- Experience with servicing small to mid-size clients
- Experience in providing advice, tax planning, estate planning and other consulting work for small business corporations and clients
- Desire to join the community and develop professionally within the community
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Caseware, Jazzit, Profile, Sage and Quickbooks an asset
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with firm standards for a variety of small and mid-size businesses and non-profit enterprises. Largely compilation engagements with a small number of assurance engagements.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, with our clients, government agencies and internal team members
- Preparing personal and corporate tax returns
- Providing advice and training to junior staff members
- Ability to function efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines
- Posses a strong desire to learn and is a self-starter
- Attendance in the office is expected but occasionally working from home or remotely is permitted if required.
Remuneration and benefits
- Remuneration based on experience
- Opportunities for advancement within a short time frame
- Friday afternoons off from Mid June- Mid September
- Overtime pay
- Flexible hours (including paid sick and flex days)
- Client referral program
- Hands on mentorship
- Annual professional development and coverage of annual dues
- Group health, dental, life and disability benefits
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Accountant Resume in subject line
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Job opening will be left open until the position is filled