Southland International Trucks Ltd is seeking to hire a full-time Financial Controller.
Who we are:
Southland International Trucks is a commercial truck and trailer dealership in Lethbridge, Alberta. Since our establishment in 1985, we have remained locally owned and operated, serving our city with pride. We specialize in new and used International trucks, as well as Doepker and Renn trailers. Over the years, our product and service offerings have evolved to include a 170+ unit rental fleet under the Idealease network, and e-commerce based part sales.
Reports the financial condition of the overall dealership to the dealer principal, regularly and accurately. Provides sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and annual forecasts.
- Organize, and assist in the operation of the accounting and finance functions.
- Responsible for all banking and financing activities, including reviewing all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies.
- Performing in-depth financial analysis, planning, and forecasting.
- Includes reviewing billing from credit card processor (Global), negotiating rates and ensuring compliance with Payment Card Industry regulations.
- Drive process improvement to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of accounting team, as well as recommendations for improvements in other departments where applicable.
- Maintain the financial reporting system and make recommendations for changes.
- Manage all general ledger functions including chart of account management.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Provide leadership to the accounting team and oversee day-to-day effectiveness of staff:
- Maintains accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Coordinate monthly close process and ensure accuracy and completeness of monthly and yearend financial reporting packages.
- Perform and oversee cash management functions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, truck and trailer inventory management, as well as processing contracts and maintenance reporting for the rental fleet.
- Oversees and performs all payroll related functions, including: processing payroll, keeping current on legislative changes, Record of Employment for departing staff, T4s.
- CDK Dealer accounting program – obtain strong working understanding.
- Payworks payroll program – obtain strong working understanding.
- Preparing for and attending weekly management meeting.
- Other duties as required by dealer principal and management team.
- Must have Chartered Professional Accountant Designation with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience.
- Must be proficient in accounting programs, excel, etc.
- Must have an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with CDK is an asset but not required.
- Health, dental, STD and LTD benefits
- Deferred profit sharing
Learn more about Southland International Trucks Ltd at http://www.southlandit.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.