You are an accountant with a few years of professional work experience under your belt? Do you have initiative and eagerness to learn, grow, and thrive doing meaningful accounting work?
Now you are looking to take that next step in your career, one that will give you independence and the chance to work directly with clients to provide a personalized approach to their diverse financial needs.
Look no further.
We are Olsen Joly LLP, and since 1981, our team of professional accountants has been helping businesses and individuals to meet their accounting and taxation needs.
Our successful business has been built on expert knowledge, personalized guidance, and one-on-one consultations. As a result, we get to know our clients in a meaningful way that big firms cannot.
We are looking for a new accountant to join our team and take us through the next 30 years. Olsen Joly LLP is expanding, so there is a lot of growth and room for advancement.
As our new accountant, your primary responsibility will be to support our clients by evaluating their current financial situation and business results while helping to ensure the accuracy of their financial data. You will prepare compilation and review engagement financial statements, help with bookkeeping, and deal with payroll and GST issues. You will assist with various services such as tax planning and preparation, including corporate and personal tax returns. You will also liaise with the government and CRA on behalf of our clients where necessary.
Your industry knowledge is valuable, but what will set you apart from others is the ability to build and maintain a great working relationship with our clients. As you grow, you will take on more advanced consultative duties. You will take the time and truly understand their individual needs and genuinely seek to improve and add value to their business. Clients will come to you for guidance and support on business succession, valuation, incorporation, and estate planning. You will become a trusted source with our clients, which will help guide their decisions and effectively transition their business into the future.
Working at Olsen Joly LLP
Our bright and modern office is located in Red Deer County. Here you will enjoy an open-concept workspace that will allow you to easily interact with other team members. As you grow and take on more challenging tasks, we’ll be there to support you along the way. You’ll enjoy having one-on-one time with the firm’s partners. There will be plenty of direct interaction with clients. You will have an opportunity to learn and take care of clients as a whole and won’t be limited to working within a specific division.
We service all different kinds of clients and industries and have helped thousands of companies achieve their goals.
When we’re not working, we like to have fun. Our office hosts various parties throughout the year to celebrate our successes. We have gone golfing and participated in scavenger hunts.
Are you working towards your designation? We will provide mentorship, provide practical experience hours and cover your annual dues and module fees. If you need to take time off to study or write an exam, just let us know.
Qualifications (not required to have all of the below)
• Public accounting experience
• Experience working directly with clients or in a client-facing role
• Proficiency with software such as Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, Excel, and Caseware
• Experience working in a multi-faceted role with varying tasks and responsibilities
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, business, or a related field
Beyond your experience as an accountant, are you someone who is:
• Independent – you proactively take on work and can complete your tasks with minimal supervision.
• Knowledgeable - you have a solid foundation in accounting as well as the laws and standards governing the industry.
• Willing to learn - you have a continuous desire to grow and learn through professional development courses, the pursuit of your designation, reading relevant industry-related content, listening to podcasts, learning new technology and software or just helping clients.
• Detail orientated – You are particular about order, process and organization. If processes are not followed, or accounts don’t balance, you dig deeper to find out why and fix it.
Full-time permanent position with salary commensurate with experience. Office hours are Monday to Friday, with extended work hours during peak tax season (February - April).
You will be starting with three weeks of vacation and receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health, vision, and professional services such as massage therapy. You will also have access to life insurance and disability benefits.