Golden Hills School Division - Finance Manager - Strathmore, Alberta
Who We Are
Golden Hills is a thriving and growing school division and just minutes away from Calgary. In essence you experience the small-town community but are close to big city amenities. Golden Hills is well-known for its quality educational programs and fiscal responsibility. Our school division operates 22 schools and 19 Colony schools with a growing student population of over 8,000 students with a $90M annual budget.
We are looking for a Financial Leader to join our team on a full-time basis.
Who You Are
- Proficient collaborator who has a focus on people
- Motivated, energetic, and positive self-starter
- Team player, collaborative and attentive
- Positive, approachable, and charismatic
- Organized, adaptable, and able to handle multiple tasks at once
As financial manager of a school division, you will support our vision Inspiring confident, connected, caring citizens of the world and intentionally maximizing learning for all.
Being a part of Golden Hills will include
- Oversee fiscal activity
- Manage, review, and maintain all internal financial operations
- Full month-end close and financial statement preparation for Ministry and Internally
- Overseeing the year-end audit
- Cash flow management
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Assisting with budgets and projections
- Oversee government remittances
- Manage our accounting team internally
- Provide support to the CFO/Secretary Treasurer
What You’ve Done
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance or Accounting
- Accounting Designation CPA (CA, CGA or CMA)
- Experience leading a finance team
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting automated systems
- Prior experience in the Education industry considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills across all functions and levels of management
Compensation & Benefits
A competitive compensation package will be provided including salary and benefits including:
- Local Authority Pension Plan
- Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic organization that is making a difference in the community, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.