Our client, 2370845 Alberta Ltd. (Greater Edmonton Taxi Service, Cliff’s Towing, Prestige Limousine Services) aims to provide a supportive and progressive work environment for employees that will not only challenge but encourage innovative ideas and common-sense solutions. With a focus on collaboration, they always take the time to see the funny side of life!
Reporting to the Senior Management team, the Financial Controller is responsible to provide day-to-day management of the organization's financial planning, budgeting, accounting and credit practices, payroll, insurance, and office administration.
The ideal candidate is an experienced accounting professional with exceptional leadership abilities. They are not afraid to dig into the details yet also prefer managing strategic high- level activities. They are an effective team leader who knows how and when to delegate and provide guidance where needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Acts as a trusted financial advisor to the senior management team, actively review financial progress on strategic and business plan initiatives.
- Prepare and manage accurate and timely financial reports for the senior management team.
- Manage the general ledger, monthly closing process and the preparation of time and accurate monthly financial statements for all entities in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee and review journal entries and monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled.
- Lead and manage the annual budgeting and planning process for the organization.
- Develop and coordinate short- and long-range financial plans based on organizational goals.
- Establish and maintain banking and financial relationships with external parties; oversee the accurate execution of all banking and financial transactions.
- Manage compliance with provincial, federal, and local government units, including appropriate filings and payments.
- Participates as a member of the senior management team and seeks to build collaborative relationships with all internal stakeholders.
- Provide leadership support and guidance to the accounting team and others within the organization.
Key Qualifications and Competencies Include:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting practice including, but not limited to analysis, reporting, and financial statements.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA).
- Previous experience supporting multi-company organizations is a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of automated reporting and accounting systems along with previous experience in system integrations.
- A dedicated team player who is focused on providing exceptional service to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and mentor a team.
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple systems and the translation of their supporting processes into comprehensive and easy to understand procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.