- Top Health Ingredients Inc.
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
Controller for fast growing food ingredients company
Our expanding Food Ingredients company, with significant exposure to cross border and multi-national operations, requires a Controller with leadership experience in managing all aspects of our financial and accounting activities. This includes utilization and optimization of our Microsoft GP ERP system, monthly and annual financials, analysis and reporting, budgeting, and communicating with executives. We are looking for a high energy individual with an equally developed EQ/IQ, a professional demeanor, a positive attitude and outgoing attitude, collaborative problem solving style and natural ability to communicate effectively. The role is diverse and requires the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, with the ability to navigate as required between strategic and tactical goals and objectives. Experience managing other projects in particular experience with Enterprise systems, inventory management, and IT programs/issues is an asset. Experience in a similar role is imperative.
As a key member of our Executive Team, we are looking for a recognized leader who can contribute to and work closely with the Leadership Team, who can guide and mentor staff, and comfortably liaise with banks, vendors and customers. Seven years of progressive experience in the above is required.
Controller responsibilities and duties
This is a full-time position that reports directly to the President and/or CEO. Job function and responsibilities include:
- Works as part of the management team to help set and implement corporate objectives. Oversees the GL, budget, monthly financials, and preparation of annual financials (Review Engagement conducted by KBH).
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to appropriate groups, including internal parties, multiple government regulators, cross border tax filing and other outside agencies
- Reviews and improves existing accounting procedures to ensure best-practices, develops policies and recommends improvements.
- Manages payroll and oversees the payables and receivables functions ensuring that monthly financial reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Conducts cashflow projections, budgeting, analyses (i.e., profitability by customer, key performance indicators, etc.), cost accounting as appropriate, COGS analyses, and forecasting, working closed with the General Sales Manager and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Manager and/ or the Supply Chain Team, to review inventory levels and order patterns, and to resolve discrepancies.
- Tracks actual vs target for various bonus plans including commission for company sales representatives.
- Experience working with the company’s IT consultants to ensures resources for new equipment, security, and regular network and program maintenance is an asset.
- Responsible for receivables insurance and regular communications with vendors.
- Routine communications with bank and new sources of bank-related financing.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
Controller qualifications and skills
- Accounting Designation
- 7+ years leadership and accounting experience with at least 5+ years’ experience in AR/AP
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft GP ERP system, Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel), and Cloud server environments.
- Experience working within a multi-currency, multinational ERP system.
- Strong knowledge of Employer/Employee rights and obligations and benefit administration.
- Refined ability to communicate, oversee and delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment.
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, combined with exceptional organizational and decision-making skills.
Salary negotiable based on experience