WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible ensuring the stewardship of assets of the organization while preparing accurate financial information from which sound business decision can be made, supporting the ultimate achievement of strategic objectives and goals. They are also responsible for ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in many accounting functions including operating and trading bank reconciliations and month and year end close processes to achieve a fully reconciled general ledger.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Responsible for accounting transaction data entry for balance sheet, income statement and intercompany accounts.
- Complete data verification including reconciliation of operating and trading bank accounts and general ledger accounts.
- Ensure data integrity through reconciliation of financial information between the trading platform and the accounting system
- Support and prepare month-end and year-end processes and working papers
- Liaise with external auditors during year end audit
- Ensure compliance with operational, banking and regulatory requirements including dividend policies, corporate tax and GST filings, banking covenants and net asset calculations
- Assist in preparation of internal and external reporting packages
- Develop and document business process and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coaching and reviewing the work of accounting analysts
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Accountant role
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Bonus Points For:
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA, CPA, CFA)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to Mercer salary data.
- Participation in a Corporate Incentive program based on 10%+ of annual salary.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- One half-Friday off per month.
- Health and dental benefits and an EAP program focused on your mental health (Headversity).
- Company paid professional development plus access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Employee recognition program – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Ability to work from home and flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Firma (an OFX company) has been helping grow our customers’ worlds since 1998. Helping our customers go further in every connection to deliver a remarkable service that takes away the complexity of growing across borders. Providing global scale and corporate-level know-how in a way that relates to our customers ambitions and cross-border readiness. At the core of this all is our commitment to dedicated one-to-one customer service. Firma is excited to be joining forces with OFX, a leading global money services provider, who shares this ethos.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and we’re still driven by the same mission today. We help individuals and businesses navigate the complexity of foreign exchange, offering the best of both worlds – an easy to use digital platform, combined with 24/7 access to our currency experts around the globe.
We provide great opportunities for our employees to grow their careers and make a difference, and for our clients to move money safely and securely with confidence.
Our Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to our continued success.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely and pass a background check to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.