- 5757 4 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2H 1K8
- KCC offers a competitive compensation package.
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
Kids Cancer Care
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta is passionately dedicated to helping young people affected by cancer and their families survive and thrive in body, mind and spirit. With a vision of providing a cure for every child and care for every family, Kids Cancer Care strives to end childhood cancer, while easing the pain and suffering of the disease through three key program areas: 1. Camp and Outreach; 2. Research and Hospital; and 3. Education Support and Scholarships.
At Kids Cancer Care, we consider it an honour and privilege to do the work we do. We get to help deserving children and families and we get to see our community at its finest — volunteering, donating, hosting fundraisers and helping others.
We love our work and we love the children and families we serve. We take our jobs seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We pride ourselves on having a fun, vibrant and sometimes quirky team that works, laughs, cries, eats, plays and celebrates together.
We value different perspectives and innovative thinking. We like to surround ourselves with creative, kind and passionate people and we encourage all qualified persons of any ability, gender, ethnic background or origin to apply. We believe in the power of diversity and are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of visible minorities to apply.
To protect the health and safety of our community, employees of Kids Cancer Care must provide proof of double vaccination against COVID-19.
For more information on Kids Cancer Care and our work, please visit us at: www.kidscancercare.ab.ca.
Kids Cancer Care is looking for a Senior Accountant/Analyst to oversee revenue accounting and financial reporting including the annual budget and quarterly forecasts. This is a permanent full-time position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Senior Accountant/Analyst is responsible for the proper functioning of all revenue processes and systems ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and strong internal controls. Working closely with the CFO, the Accounting and Payroll Specialist, and the gift processing team, the Senior Accountant/Analyst ensures the accuracy of financial reporting for senior leaders, the Finance Audit and Risk Committee, and Board of Directors, ensuring transactions are completed accurately and on time. S/he leads and coordinates the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes supporting line managers with detailed reports and technical support through the process. The Senior Accountant/Analyst will also oversee restricted contributions and the T3010 Annual Charity Return, and will support the annual audit process.
The Senior Accountant/Analyst will frequently rely on advanced tools in MS Excel (pivots, lookups, charts, imports/exports) for compiling, reconciling and reporting. With a keen interest in systems, s/he will also help KCC to adopt new systems and processes as needed to streamline processes and benefit from advances in financial processing technology. As part of a small high-performing team, the Senior Accountant/Analyst will be involved in general accounting and payroll functions, supporting the Financial Edge system and Payworks payroll system and serving as a backup for payroll, accounts payable, and general finance functions as needed.
A keen financial professional in the early stages of their career, the Senior Accountant/Analyst will be a team player who combines financial and strong technical acumen. S/he will be comfortable in hands-on finance tasks while actively seeking opportunities to leverage finance and payroll tools and systems to streamline processes. S/he will be a collaborator who leads the budget and forecast processes and ensures that the Board, Committees and internal team receive high-quality financial reports and analysis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversight for revenue processes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of transactions and reporting;
- Oversee quarterly forecast and annual budget processes in support of strategic goals and initiatives;
- Compile and produce high-quality financial reports for Board of Directors, leadership and department leads and lead external reporting including the annual financial statements, Charity Return and AGLC report;
- Serve as the systems lead for finance and payroll systems, maintaining process expertise and supporting adoption of new technical tools and modules to streamline processes;
- Assist in employee time management and payroll functions, serving as backup for payroll processing;
- Maintain knowledge for compliance matters including CRA Charities, source deductions, GST, AGLC, etc.
- Oversee restricted contributions/grants including administration and reporting of grants and gaming funds;
- Ensure strong internal controls to safeguard assets of the Foundation; and
- General support to the finance team in matters of accounting standards, systems, and reporting.
Education & Certifications and Experience
- Completion, or nearing completion, of CPA designation; three years’ experience in an accounting role;
- Knowledge of accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations and best practices in reporting;
- Previous experience in payroll, benefits and HR processes is an asset;
- Keen interest in and experience with finance, payroll, and donation systems.
- Experience and/or commitment to learn accounting and payroll compliance requirements including source deductions, charities, GST, Employment Standards, AGLC regulations for use of gaming funds;
- Proven ability in financial processes, budgeting, and financial analysis and reporting;
- Understands and manages business risks, ensuring effective controls without overly compromising operational efficiency and flexibility;
- High level proficiency with MS Excel (pivots, look-ups, imports/exports, charts)
- Keen interest in and ability to enhance and improve financial systems and processes;
- Enthusiastic with problem solving skills and able to anticipate problems before they present themselves;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A commitment to teamwork and collaboration with great interpersonal skills;
- Operates with integrity and a strong social conscience; and
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently with exceptional attention to detail.
Kids Cancer Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 19, 2022.
We prefer to receive applications by email. We are grateful to everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.