Accounting Manager, Public Accounting
Who Are We?
We are Transcend LLP, a full-service professional accounting firm, located in High River, Alberta, serving Southern Alberta clientele in a range of small to medium size businesses in various industries.
We are focused on building a collaborative culture that places a high priority on the client experience. Since 1985 we have provided our clients with personalized services, helping them anticipate potential issues and mitigating risks; as a result this is a full-time, in-office position. We are growing our team to support continued success.
Transcend provides competitive compensation, benefits, incentives and rewards, Our leadership team is committed to your success and work/life harmony. We are a fast-paced environment, offering opportunity for professional development and advancement in the firm.
Who Are You?
You are a key member of our team, integral in on-boarding new clients, while also managing a current book of business. This position is ideally suited to an individual who thrives in an environment with endless collaboration possibilities, is looking to build and develop a small team and support continued growth and the success of our firm in Southern Alberta.
What Will Your Typical Day Look Like?
- Prepare and review of compilation and assurance files, including all working papers and formal financial statements
- Prepare and review of corporate, personal and estate income tax returns
- Provide training, mentoring and supervision to your team in file and tax preparation
- Stay current on the content and practical applications of accounting and assurance standards and know how to access and research professional and technical materials
- Support the firm in maintaining high standards of client services
- Daily and ongoing communications with our clients, government agencies and with firm partners and staff
- Be an example for others
What Will You Bring to Transcend?
- A minimum three+ years experience in financial statement and tax return preparation
- One+ years supervisory experience
- A Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation or enrolled in CPA PEP (Professional Education Program)
- Strong desire and firm commitment to deliver quality customer service, high quality work, compliance with Transcend policies and procedures, professional ethics, and integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matter
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong-time management skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in CaseWare and MS Office
- Agricultural accounting experience would be an asset
How Do You Apply?
Interested candidates are asked to forward a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest however will only contact those selected for face-to-face interviews.
We are committed to fostering diversity within our community. Transcend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status or disability. We welcome those who would further contribute to the diversification of our staff.