Director Financial Planning & Analysis
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Firma has a new and exciting opportunity for a finance professional to unlock the potential of a growing foreign exchange and payments business. Through short and long-term financial planning and analysis (measuring current data and forecasting future business performance) this role will impact strategic decisions of the company.
Reporting to the CFO, North America, the newly created role of Director Financial Planning & Analysis will lead a team of professionals as they provide insights and recommend activities to grow the business. This includes not only using technical financial skills but also partnering skills to create value. All of this leads the director to apply new ideas and creativity to use data and information to tell a story through visuals like graphs, charts, etc.
In building out this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to use thought leadership and AI/machine learning to enhance insight and analysis. This critical role will drive best-in-class improvements to develop reporting and forecasting methodology, and design efficient processes, evolving financial planning and analysis to the next level.
To do this, the successful candidate has experience to:
- Analyze complex internal financial information (e.g., profit loss accounts, financial statements, working capital, costs, prices, expenses, revenues, rates of return, etc.)
- Research and apply external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, etc.)
- Model, measure and forecast potential impacts of financial transactions and corporate development activities
Another unique aspect of this role includes working on integrating two financial sector companies, after OFX’s acquisition of Firma earlier this year. This will help to create one of the world’s leading FX and payments company. This gives the successful candidate a unique opportunity to approach all aspects of the job with a view to building operational efficiencies and ‘best of breed’ practices for the way forward.
More specifically duties include:
- Lead, design, and develop corporate forecasting collaboratively for the Senior Leadership Team to incorporate operational forecasts.
- Partner with department leaders in tracking their budget, analyzing KPIs, and assisting with strategy and key decisions.
- Work collectively with the accounting team to develop a deep understanding of the budget and forecast and enhance variance analysis.
- Educate and influence a wide array of internal stakeholders about financial policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the annual budget development process.
- Analyze budgets to actual results, educating and working with departments to aid in the analysis of the department budget to actual results.
- Review results with CFO, North America to ensure understanding of the key drivers and operational impacts.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and perform special projects as needed.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of financial planning and analysis experience is required.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and financial modelling is required.
- Exposure to end-to-end Finance function and provision of shared services.
- Ability to explain financial analysis and recommendations to those outside the finance department.
- CPA, CFA, MBA, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience leading, motivating and inspiring a skilled team.
- Creativity and innovation to approach processes with new thinking and a focus on operational efficiency.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary that’s benchmarked to Mercer salary data.
- Participation in a Corporate Incentive program based on 15% of annual salary.
- Paid vacation time plus 5 personal days.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- One half-Friday off per month.
- Health and dental benefits and an EAP program focused on your mental health (Headversity).
- Company paid professional development plus access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Employee recognition program – movie tickets, household items, electronics, gift cards, etc.
- Ability to work from home and flexible working arrangements.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Firma (an OFX company) has been helping grow our customers’ worlds since 1998. Helping our customers go further in every connection to deliver a remarkable service that takes away the complexity of growing across borders. Providing global scale and corporate-level know-how in a way that relates to our customers ambitions and cross-border readiness. At the core of this all is our commitment to dedicated one-to-one customer service. Firma is excited to be joining forces with OFX, a leading global money services provider, who shares this ethos.
OFX grew from the idea that there had to be a better, fairer way to move money around the world. That was over 20 years ago, and we’re still driven by the same mission today. We help individuals and businesses navigate the complexity of foreign exchange, offering the best of both worlds – an easy to use digital platform, combined with 24/7 access to our currency experts around the globe.
We provide great opportunities for our employees to grow their careers and make a difference, and for our clients to move money safely and securely with confidence.
Our Company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide a supportive and respectful environment free of bias, where each employee feels valued. Together our opinions, strengths, experiences, and diverse backgrounds empower us to perform better and be innovative, which is essential to our continued success.
Applicants are required to be able to work remotely and pass a background check to be eligible for consideration.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.