Manager, Financial Reporting
Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. publicly listed with a business objective to build a diversified midstream and infrastructure company in the North American natural gas, natural gas liquids and crude oil, refined product, and renewable space. Its strategy is to profitably grow and create shareholder value through the acquisition and development of oil and gas infrastructure. Tidewater plans to achieve its business objective by providing customers with a full service, vertically integrated value chain, including gas plants, pipelines, railcars, export terminals, storage, downstream facilities, and various renewable initiatives.
Tidewater has an immediate opening for a Manager, Financial Reporting reporting to the Director, Corporate Finance. This is a full-time position based out of our Calgary Head Office. This is a fast paced, deadline driven role that requires superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Prepare the financial statements, including working papers to ensure disclosures are supported and compliant;
- Investigating, researching and analyzing information for the financial statements, including coordinating with divisions to obtain information;
- Obtaining or calculating KPIs for divisions;
- Preparing Statistics Canada filings and reporting;
- Analyzing, preparing and accounting for acquisitions, business combinations and transaction costs;
- Analyzing and preparing for debt and equity accounting including deferred financing costs, interest accrual and prepaid interest;
- Prepare and review the consolidated cash flow proof;
- Prepare and review uploads monthly results for new acquisitions for consolidation until they are fully integrated;
- Responding to and supporting external and internal auditor requests;
- Process improvement projects;
- New accounting standards;
- Accounting for acquisitions or divestitures including purchase prince allocation accounting, chart of accounts mapping for new companies and initial JEs for new companies; and
- Other special projects, accounting working papers and tasks as assigned;
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Required
- 5+ years experience within Oil and Gas, midstream considered an asset
- Experience in Powervision and Qbyte FM considered an asset
- 2+ years of experience within renewable resources considered an asset
- 1+ year of Managerial experience
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with public company accounting requirements, IFRS, working with complex accounting issues and implementing C-SOX or SOX controls;
- Strong understanding of financial statement close processes and accounting matters applicable to public companies;
- Strong knowledge and experience with acquisition accounting, business combinations and accounting integrations.
- Excellent Excel skills – must be comfortable working with large volumes of data using advanced excel functions;
- Motivated, hard-working and with an exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills, including a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong time management skills and am ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily/weekly deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders within the organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and duties, while meeting daily deadlines, in a consistent manner
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent accounting analysis and problem solving skills;
- Ability to proactively identify and understand problems while looking at the overall big picture to help resolve;
- Ability to review and understand finance as well as formulate a plan, solutions and alternatives to resolve issues with best practices and successfully execute on issues;
- Willingness to learn, improve existing processes, and confront new challenges;
- Self-motivated problem solver with a relentless focus on high quality results and operational excellence;
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate teams when working with all business units and operations;
- Attention to detail with ability to manage time, work independently, and multi-task;
- Enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done in a fast paced, high-performing, dynamic environment with a willing to "roll up the sleeves" and "get the job done" attitude.
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long-term incentive plans.
Tidewater offers a comprehensive benefit program including health, dental and medical coverage, paramedical services, a healthcare spending account and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.