Westview Co-op is hiring a full-time Accountant at our Administration Location in Olds, Alberta. This is a hybrid position making commuting from nearby communities a great option for the successful candidate.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our Brand to life, visit us at www.westviewco-op.crs.
Located in Central Alberta, we have over 250 Team Members serving the locations of Carstairs, Consort, Drumheller, Eagle Hill, Hanna, Olds, Linden, and Sundre. We are a dynamic, growing co-operative with commodities in fuel, food, home & building supplies and more.
With guidance and leadership, this position will perform general accounting activities through the analysis and preparation of financial reports and statements. This includes the preparation of journal entries/ledgers, fixed asset and inventory accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, reconciliation, and/or financial statement consolidation. Supports general accounting practices including independent, objective assessment of governance, risk management process and system of internal control structure. Perform detailed accounting procedures, evaluating and assessing the co-operatives controls, processes, and procedures. Works across multiple areas of accounting based on changing business needs. Develops an understanding of policies and procedures and provides input into accounting processes.
What you’ll do:
The Team Member will perform a variety of responsibilities in the operation, ensuring alignment with our Core Values and Brand.
- Understanding and following Westview Co-op’s Health and Safety Program and promoting a culture of safety
- Providing world class service to our Members and Guests and living by our Brand expectations through our “You’re at Home Here” motto
- Maintain General Ledger records including journal entries, posting bank reconciliations, and completing related bank fund transfer transactions.
- Monthly reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze of monthly and quarterly financial management reports
- Budgeting and forecasting analysis and support
- Supporting all business units on financial matters
- Calculation, filing and payment of all required corporate remittances
- Other projects and assignments as required
This position requires the use of office equipment including computers and use other software. A Class 5 Driver’s License is required for travel across our trading area.
Why it matters:
Our Team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
We are looking for a positive, collaborative, and motivated individual with a drive to learn. Candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of our Values (Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility, Community)
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Commerce or Business
- CPA, or equivalent accounting designation or CPA in progress is an asset
- Experience with full cycle accounting in terms of direct participation in month-end and year-end accounting activities; financial analysis and reporting; and budgeting (retail/petroleum accounting considered a benefit)
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting systems considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (In particular Microsoft Excel)
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation. We welcome those candidates with a combination of relevant experience and/or education.
Westview Co-op offers a compensation package incorporating a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer contributed pension plan as well as recognition programs for service. Please note applicants to this posting will be asked to adhere to a criminal record check and applications may be used to fill future vacancies within Westview Co-op’s trading area.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work. To apply please visit our website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org