Director of Finance
My client, WIN House Edmonton is currently seeking a Director of Finance to manage the financial operations of this rewarding not for profit organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance plays a critical role in partnering with the leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as WIN House continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee contract and financial management/reporting system
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Manage short-term and long-term investment portfolios. This includes overseeing investments made by a third party
- Prepare bank deposits and oversee all banking activities
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director and the Finance Committee
- Provides information and support to negotiating committee as needed
- Provides back-up and support to the Leadership Team as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- CPA designation in good standing
- Minimum five years of post-designation full-cycle accounting
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the not-for profit sector
- Prior experience working with Sage 300 Cloud
- A successful track record in setting priorities, keen analytic, organization and problem-solving abilities supporting sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Technology savvy, experience overseeing and selecting accounting software
- Shares organizational values and supports organizational mission
A collaborative, supportive and positive environment awaits the successful candidate along with a generous base salary, benefits and pension plan.
More search results
Discipline and Appeal Tribunal - Member
Canadian Peacemakers International Board Member
Canadian Peacemakers International
Senior Tax Specialist
Assistant Secretary-Treasurer (Director of Financ…
The Northland School Division
Senior Accountant, Public Accounting