DFI is an established oilfield construction company that recently celebrated 50 years in business and remains focused on customer satisfaction, providing quality piling services and products to our clients throughout Canada, the United States, and Australia. At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. We are privately owned and attribute success due to our people, innovation, discipline to execute, and exemplary service to clients. DFI targets the oil and gas sector, the electric transmission and distribution industry, and other sectors where steel pile foundations can be marketed.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team, working out of our head office in Edmonton. If you are the type of individual who thrives on challenge in delivering exceptional support to our management teams while focusing on execution of key initiatives and strategies, then this position if for you!
As Senior Accountant you will report to the Controller while also providing leadership and guidance to others within the finance team as well as other departments within the organization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Balance and maintain general ledger accounts
- Maintain fixed asset and other continuity schedules
- Prepare, verify, and allocate journal entries
- Various sub ledger reconciliations and analysis (i.e., job, equipment, A/R, A/P, etc.)
- Detailed reviews of revenues and expenses, including variance analysis
- Inventory analysis and review
- Fiscal year end working papers
- Review and approve bank reconciliations
- Purchase order review and management
- Tax filings encompassing various returns and remittances in Canada, United States and Australia
- Cash forecasting
- Perform various analytical procedures across all business functions
- Actively engage in reviewing and recommending process and control improvements including policy updates
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements including various branch and divisional statements
- Prepare monthly supplemental financial and operational reports
- Be the lead on the interim and year end audit processes, including collaboration with the external audit team
- Participate in the development and implementation of report and dashboard generation using BI tools
- Assist with financial projections and budgets
- Steel inventory reporting
- Ad hoc job and/or account specific analysis
- Accounting designation (legacy CA, CGA, CMA or newly designated CPA)
- Three years experience with full cycle accounting, with strong knowledge of job and equipment costing
- Effective communication and team building skills
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, with focus on accuracy, troubleshooting, and a hands-on, deadline-driven approach
- Critical thinker with ability to see beyond the numbers and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Adaptable, with proven ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Driven to perform accounting duties with excellence and minimal supervision, enjoy challenges, and have an eye on continuous improvement
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft excel
- Experience in oilfield or general construction industries considered an asset
Why Work for DFI
- Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with a group that values success together
- Be a part of DFI’s longstanding success through innovation and excellence in executing all aspects of the business (operational and administrative)
- Exposure to an exciting variety of functional areas/departments involving international operations, in-house manufacturing of equipment and piling pipe, real estate management, etc.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits, including RSP matching, health & dental, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.