DXP/HSE Integrated is recruiting for a Payroll Administrator to join the team in our Calgary, Alberta office, located downtown.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will play a vital role to collaboratively processing payroll for over 400+ employees across Canada in a timely and accurate fashion. You will be proactive, have a strong attention to detail and be keen to learn.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are (but not limited):
- Administering and processing bi-weekly payroll and benefits for salary, hourly and temporary employees (including unionized payroll) on a weekly and bi-weekly schedule
- Maintaining ADP Payroll by ensuring employee changes are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Responding to inquiries regarding payroll and benefit information
- Providing support as a part of a team with additional payroll processing and work efforts
- Process and remit garnishments.
- Reconciliation of third parties including CRA remittances
- Year End processing and reporting
- Special projects as assigned by the payroll manager
- Perform other duties and projects as directed by the Payroll Manager
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to full cycle payroll
- Ability to work within a team in a courteous and co-operative manner
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and payroll software and systems
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy environment
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now beneficial
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Payroll
- Combination of Payroll and Benefits education or equivalent experience will be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.