- Matrix Solutions Inc.
- Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
At Matrix Solutions we collaborate across services, disciplines, and geographies to deliver responsive, locally connected, and scalable solutions customized to our clients’ projects and environmental challenges. Our integrated approach is supported by talented professionals and a project management model that encourages synergies, promotes service excellence, and provides cost and time savings.
WHO WE ARE
A Canadian‑owned environmental and engineering consulting company, with employees strategically located across the country from British Columbia to Ontario.
Our people fuel a solutions powerhouse, tailoring our work for clients and projects where environmental stewardship matters and where we can make a difference.
To be a company where our people and clients can’t imagine working with anyone else.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Our team is made up of diverse people working collaboratively towards common goals. We value the contributions and perspectives of all employees and are committed to equity and diversity initiatives to create a feeling of belonging for all of our people. When we are inclusive and diverse in a way that reflects the broader world we serve, we are able to draw from a wider community of excellence within the regions we operate.
WHAT WE DO
We partner with clients and communities to solve challenges. It’s our job to power progress and shape a better future where our clients, people, communities, and environment thrive.
Are you looking to…
- Have autonomy to identify and implement process improvements
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of finance and accounting responsibilities
- Work closely with peers in a collaborative team environment
- Mentor junior team members and support them through building skills to succeed and advance in their roles
- Join a well-respected environmental consulting company where the majority of employees are also shareholders
As a Senior Accountant, you will join our Financial Reporting team, reporting to the Team Lead, Financial Reporting. Candidates can be based in any Matrix office location. The successful applicant will be involved in a broad range of financial reporting with responsibilities as follows:
- Prepare, assemble, and complete monthly financial reporting package
- Prepare and review journal entries, working papers and reconciliations
- Document and ensure compliance with processes and internal controls
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Research, analyze and implement new accounting standards or changes to compliance requirements
- Assist with managing the annual audit process
- Develop a detailed understanding of the BST system and how it connects to associated programs
- Prepare ad hoc report requests from Operations teams and/or management
- Assist with Board reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projects as required
- Maintain client credit risk database, including preparation of credit risk assessments
- Provide support to junior accountants
What We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited university
- CPA designation is required
- Minimum 4 years progressive experience in the accounting field, preferably in a project related industry or with an accounting firm
- Thorough understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) with strong technical accounting knowledge
- Displays a positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Strong time management skills, able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and processes
- A solution focused, collaborative approach to continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of team members, leaders and others within the organization across different locations
- A flexible and highly accountable individual with the desire to roll up their sleeves when necessary and an ability to keep an eye on the big picture
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring deadlines are kept and achieved
- Exceptional Excel skills with the ability to manage, analyze and simplify large amounts of data
- Previous experience working with BST or other project-based ERP systems is an asset
Why Choose Matrix
At Matrix you will be part of an amazing community of collaborative people who live our values and bring industry-leading technical expertise to their work every day. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes RRSP matching, vacation + flex time, profit sharing, and opportunities to become a shareholder. We are also committed to flexible work hours and schedules, team-based work, and cross-training opportunities.
Click the Apply button.
Are you the one we're looking for? Please apply to us directly. As a note, we are not accepting third party agency applicants at this time.
Matrix is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment and to promoting the health, safety and well-being of our employees. In keeping with our Health & Safety Policy, individuals in safety sensitive positions are subject to pre-employment, pre-access (and in some client cases, random) alcohol & drug testing as well as drivers abstract reviews.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We welcome and promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Matrix provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources directly.
Please follow us on LinkedIn (Matrix Solutions Inc) for ongoing updates about our people and business.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.